Motoway lane hoggers rant!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Why on 4 lane motorways do the centre lane hoggers occupy the 3rd lane!!!:evil::evil::-x

I really do wish that these drivers could be prosecuted for driving without due care and attention.

It really does clog up our roadways and I would like to see a law passed to allow safe undertaking.

How do you deal with these people?

Gets worse when you get up to 6 lanes and they are sitting in the 4th with something trying to overtake at 2mph more in the 5th with the other 3 sitting empty.

safe undertaking would be a good idea but it would have to be a lane clear incase their brain suddenly wakens up with all the flashing lights behind them and they move over.

i have a very simple solution to this problem! why not do a national campaign (cheaply done via news papers and the news on tele) that if a motorist flashes you from behind. this is not a sign of aggression it is to simply tell you they want to get past and if you check your mirrors it is safe to pull over into the other lane this will work on motorways and dual carriageways.

and on a or b roads if a motorist behind you flashes this is not a sign of aggression its to tell you. you are not doing the speed limit (which 90% of us would like to do if not a little more;)) so in response please speed up or move your vehicle over to the left as much as possible to give safer room for the vehicle behind to overtake you more swiftly and safely!!

now having been to greece quite a few times this is a system i have seen the drivers over there use and it works very well imho

Lane hoggers and middle-laners are the bane of my life. For some reason i've noticed the closer you get to the trafford centre the worse it is?

If there is someone in the middle lane with nothing either side of them I will flash lights as i'm overtaking to let them know they need to move over to make people's l;ives easier. I agree with safe undertaking but I think this would need to become law to make it properly safe so these middle-laners / lane- hoggers know that it is a possibly going to happen. As said before it would not be pleasant if they suddenly woke up and swung over to the left. Anyone from the States on here can tell us if under and over taking on motorways (highways) works?

think the main issue with undertaking is that other drivers need to think more and use their mirrors. most of these idiots cant use the right hand side and rearview mirrors, they only use the force, so frankly would be nervous to overtake such unobservant people on the inside.

I was going to say that if it became law then during your test etc (which, in my little perfect future-world, would include a test on motorways) they would be teaching you to keep an eye on your left mirrors for undertakers as well as looking right for overtakers.

However, 1) If the current system was enforced more and people actually new how to drive, we would not need to do this and 2) If people struggle using the rear view mirror to see me giving them a sun-tan with my full beams, what hope do I have of them seeing me coming up there left side at 70 when they are inevitably doing 50 in the middle lane?

Seems like a moot point tbh.