Most reliable cars

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Who would you say make the most reliable cars or does it really depend on luck and care of the car over the years of ownership.

HONDA
i got told my bushes were worn just about 2k miles left - 30k later they were still fine
years of hard driving and nothing mechanically went wrong with it. 2 electrical issues with it ( 1 done to previous owner ) thermosat went at 94k miles.
only had 3 services in the 99kmiles before i sold it, only one done by me at 60k.
will admit i took care of it, oil and filters were changed every 6k

i am with pg any jap car

and the swidish cars are good never see one on the side of the road
unless its a volvo cop car pulling someone over lol

Japanese cars are hard to beat for bullet proof reliability, They're also disturbingly good to drive. Japanese diesels are not quite as favorable as their petrol counterparts. Not that they'll go wrong, either. Just that there's not much demand for diesel's in the Japanese domestic market.

If you want wall-to-wall indestructibility then a Japanese car will suit you well.

I'd vote for Audi - so maybe craggle and I should both vote VAG instead!;)

Most cars that are low powered are reliable, the more highly stressed the engine the less reliable it is. Honda do seem to have the knack of balancing power with reliability though.

I'd vote for Audi - so maybe craggle and I should both vote VAG instead!;)

Most cars that are low powered are reliable, the more highly stressed the engine the less reliable it is. Honda do seem to have the knack of balancing power with reliability though.
I agre with wayne, sorry just got in off the pss. i cant spell

I believe Toyota is number one right now when it comes to reliability. I read it in an article somewhere, however you know how media is influenced. But Japanese is really the way to go in reliability.

Its probably down to the Job for life work ethic. We should learn from that and take a real pride in what we produce.

There are a few mega massive mile Volvos around. I think there is one with a million miles on the original engine.

VAG cars haven't got less reliable at all. It's just that mainstream competition from the likes of Ford has caught up in reliability terms. Japanese cars have always had reliability top marks.

If I was buying new right now I'd struggle to decline a Mondeo ST. It's a hard choice between the 2.5T petrol or 2.2 TDCi. Both have their advantages and it's not a walkover for the petrol in performance any longer.