looking for tyres

SpeedyChic

Car
Clio 1.5dci
I am new here but i was wondering if anyone can help me, i am looking for a good place to get my tyres?

Best bet is to decide what Make & model of tyre you want & then shop around, for example, if you wanted Toyo Proxes T1R's then you'll need to find a someone who supplies these. Toyo have a list of suppliers on their web site.

What area do you live in? Maybe someone on here can recommend a specific company local to you. :)

Btw...

029.gif

Last edited:
tyretraders were good for me cheaper than black circles.

shame they dont give you the garages name until you buy the tyres. if you find the garage give them a phone and tell them see if they can do it cheaper. my local garages couldnt get me a price near what tyretraders did however when i went to get them fitted i spoke to the owner who gave me a cheaper price for next time

Local tyre fitters are almost always cheaper than the big boys.

Kwikfit, JustTyres, ATS etc all have deals on bulk buys.

For your Clio dCi I'd be considering Bridgestone's ER30 Turanza or Continental Premium Contact 2. What's the tyre size please?

You will always get a better price over the phone than when you turn up with your car.

"I'm just ringing round for the best price on......" usually does the trick.

I always use my local trader, he gives very good advice on tread patterns and there differences so I'm happy to pay a bit more for the reassurance. Mine charges £8 per tyre to fit if you bring your own from another source so factor in this cost if buying from the tinternet.

Keep business local - keep those £10 and £20 notes circulating locally. Don't hand out the cash to the big corporates - it never comes back.

Speedychic - the Clio dCi is a nice choice of comfortable and driveable pleasant car. Don't spoil it with some crappy Chinese Wanli or Marangoni tyres. Fit something decent and enjoy what is a very driveable and enjoyable car. Even get a full four wheel alignment done at the same time. - it makes a world of difference to steering feel and general driving pleasure. I'm still a Bridgestone enthusiast, but Conti or Michelin will serve very well indeed.

Keep business local - keep those £10 and £20 notes circulating locally. Don't hand out the cash to the big corporates - it never comes back.

Speedychic - the Clio dCi is a nice choice of comfortable and driveable pleasant car. Don't spoil it with some crappy Chinese Wanli or Marangoni tyres. Fit something decent and enjoy what is a very driveable and enjoyable car. Even get a full four wheel alignment done at the same time. - it makes a world of difference to steering feel and general driving pleasure. I'm still a Bridgestone enthusiast, but Conti or Michelin will serve very well indeed.

Thanks HDi fun, i like driving the Clio dCi as i learned to drive in it and now i have bought myself the exact same make and model as what i learned to drive in. :) thanks for your advise.

Been looknig for Toyo R888s. Cheapest price I could find was from Camskill. Shipping is only £2.49 a tyre.

www.camskill.co.uk

I just had a look on Camskill's website and yes they are cheaper but you have to go to a garage to get them fitted and fitting them will cost more, a friend of mine suggested etyres as they come to you and fit your tyres at your work or home very conveient. Has anyone used etyres as i would like to know what other people's experince with etyres is like?

A freind of mine used ETyres and I think he was pretty impressed. It's a mobile supply and fit service isn't it.

I find places charge me a lot more to fit if they don't supply the tires.:( Down here fitting is around £12 per tire for fit only.