Lending car tools out

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you lend car tools out? Has anyone broken or still not returned a tool to you?

I have so far lost 2 foot pumps, 1 socket set and a number of screwdrivers by lendign them out to people.:(

I still lend things out but I tend to be more careful now and usually call round the next day to see how they got on and collect my tools:D

Wont normally lend any tools out unless its to my dad (atleast then i know i will get them back)

Only thing i can think of that i have lent and not got back was a trolley jack.

i dont lend tools and dont borrow them , but i have a lot of freinds that i have had for a long time that dont borrow tools. Why break a winning formula ?

I never lend my tools or borrow, not even to family incl my son.....you just dont get them back and if I lend one to my 14yr old it never gets put back...I have them all under lock and key, so when I need a certain spanner like there and then.......I know exactly where to find it instantly.

i'll lend my tools out to anyone i know well (family, friends even neighbors) for the simple reason i know them well enough to know they will respect my tools as if they where their own and if they did break or loose something they would replace it
and yes i have had to ring up people in the past to remind them they have something of mine but i have always got it back

i do but you have to sign a statement showing the tool, value and expected time of return. also states that unless you can prove it was stolen, you pay to replace/fix the lended item. have yet to have an issue getting them back and only had 1 floor jack get broke, but that was due to a hydrolic seal blowing out and not misuse so no biggy there.

Our little group only buy one of anything expensive or bulky. We have one engine hoist, engine stand, blasting cabinet, corner scales, LARGE trolley jack between us. We are old enough to have bought all the normal tools :). My son has his own set of Snap-on so isn't interested in using my stuff :)