Your favourite tools

McCrash

Tuner
Car
Too many to mention
Everyone has certain tools in their box that make life so much easier and they couldn't live without.

What are yours?

Mine are,

Gas axe. I love it, so versatile. Fun too. Everyone likes fire. :D
1/2" CP Air gun. Puts up over 900 ft/lb of torque, even loosens lorry wheels.
Diagnostic tool. Autel MD801. Offers manufacturer specific fault codes for engine, ABS, airbags and auto transmissions. Also has a live data function showing readings from all sensors. I'd be beat without it.
Leakoff test kit. Mercedes CDi, nuff said.
Injector reamer. Again, Mercedes CDi, nuff said!
Selection of hammers from itty bitty ball pein to big f-off sledge. No explanation needed.
Impact driver. Handy for those stubborn brake disc retaining screws.

Everything else is just gravy.

Vernier caliper.
Micrometer
CNC Mill
Lathe

With these you can make almost anything.

Plasma Cutter - This is the single handedly best cutting equipment on the market!

Mig Welder
Stanley Knife
The trust Wrench

And The George Foreman Grill

The phone! ;)

With this one tool, I can get any job done on my car without getting my hands dirty :lol:

Plasma Cutter - This is the single handedly best cutting equipment on the market!

Mig Welder
Stanley Knife
The trust Wrench

And The George Foreman Grill

OK, I'm dim, what's a trust Wrench?

Just typed then then realised you probably meant the trusty wrench! What a difference a single letter can make :)

The phone! ;)

With this one tool, I can get any job done on my car without getting my hands dirty :lol:

Each to his own, I guess. Sad as it may seem, even if I could afford it I would prefer to get my hands dirty. If I had more money I would simply get more and better tools :)

I have to admit that being retired does help.

Mug of coffee.
Radio.
Duck tape.
Cable ties.
WD-40.
Lump hammer.
Really big vice.
Breaker bar.
Hand cleaner for when gloves split :amuse:
LED magnetic light.

Okay, on a more serious note there are the usual 6 sided sockets, decent spanners etc for doing it the right way and the above for when it doesn't go to plan!

Each to his own, I guess. Sad as it may seem, even if I could afford it I would prefer to get my hands dirty. If I had more money I would simply get more and better tools :)

I have to admit that being retired does help.

Unfortunately for me OG, I live on a main road where parking outside my flat is like a lottery lucky dip. The local unwashed use the road as an unofficial dragstrip to see if the manufacturers 0-60 claim is accurate, thus I might end up getting run over by some spotty looking yoof in a tracksuit.
I have no garage and no shed to store any tools or equipment in. My car has to work for a living on a daily basis so any lengthy time off the road is not really an option for me.

So the phone for now will remain my favourite tool to use for car repairs. :amuse: