Lancer 02 GDI

VIPER22

Hey guys,

Got myself a Lancer 2002 GDI with a 4G15 engine, automatic gearbox.

Tried to tune this engine, but well...cant get much out of it.

Anyone familiar with this engine?? What are the mods that can be added?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi there Viper, its your first post so first up a very warm welcome!

What mods have you done so far? I'm guessing its a non turbo diesel which really does limit your options. Did Mitsubishi do a TD engine in later models you could do a swap with?

VIPER22

Hey Wayne, well, it's a non turbo petrol engine, 1.5L. Got a fuel pressure regulator installed, an air compressor, denso iridium plugs and a K&N air filter. Still it's kinda slow, maybe coz it's an automatic transmission, thats y...but, i don't know if a turbo kit will fit with this engine.
Also, wanted to supercharge it or better get a AFC NEO,but will all that help??

Cheers...

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
From
Deal, Kent UK
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Good old Mitsubishi. Calling a petrol engine a GDi?! They don't make it easy for us - I should have got that from the 4G15 so sorry for that. It's was a long day!

Most automatic gearboxes are "slow" the gearing is usually quite long. You won't get much of a power increase out of a 1.5. My advise would be to save your money an either get a turbo charged model to tune up or get an engine swap done.

A supercharger would certainly give you a power gain. If you run a low boost supercharger you won't have to mess around with the engine internals. You are still looking at a fair bit of money for a supercharger kit.

Where are you from?

What is the air compressor you have fitted - this sounds interesting?