Lancer 02 GDI

VIPER22

Hey guys,

Got myself a Lancer 2002 GDI with a 4G15 engine, automatic gearbox.

Tried to tune this engine, but well...cant get much out of it.

Anyone familiar with this engine?? What are the mods that can be added?

Hi there Viper, its your first post so first up a very warm welcome!

What mods have you done so far? I'm guessing its a non turbo diesel which really does limit your options. Did Mitsubishi do a TD engine in later models you could do a swap with?

Hey Wayne, well, it's a non turbo petrol engine, 1.5L. Got a fuel pressure regulator installed, an air compressor, denso iridium plugs and a K&N air filter. Still it's kinda slow, maybe coz it's an automatic transmission, thats y...but, i don't know if a turbo kit will fit with this engine.
Also, wanted to supercharge it or better get a AFC NEO,but will all that help??

Cheers...

Good old Mitsubishi. Calling a petrol engine a GDi?! They don't make it easy for us - I should have got that from the 4G15 so sorry for that. It's was a long day!

Most automatic gearboxes are "slow" the gearing is usually quite long. You won't get much of a power increase out of a 1.5. My advise would be to save your money an either get a turbo charged model to tune up or get an engine swap done.

A supercharger would certainly give you a power gain. If you run a low boost supercharger you won't have to mess around with the engine internals. You are still looking at a fair bit of money for a supercharger kit.

Where are you from?

What is the air compressor you have fitted - this sounds interesting?