JC Denton's Honda Prelude

I started messing about with the valve clearances today & Bosh! one the dead cylinders mysteriously started working:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Amazing how 0.08mm can make an engine die...

Just back from my garage where I've been driving my lude! On all four cylinders:lol::lol:

I've adjusted the valves via guesswork, some of the tappets I had to replace (guess that's what happens when you run an engine with a bad valve adjustment), tomorrow I'm going to get a set of feeler gauges & do it properly.

I had forgotten what a great handling little car it is:toung::toung::toung::toung::toung:

Anybody ever wired a cd player into a Generation 3 prelude? There's like a million wires back there:blink:...I'm more of a three wire guy.

Totally depends on the CD player and the cables available at the back of the old unit. TBH if the CD player is a valuable one and wiring is not your thing, then I would just pop it into Halfords and for not much money, they will fit it for you while you wait.

Totally depends on the CD player and the cables available at the back of the old unit. TBH if the CD player is a valuable one and wiring is not your thing, then I would just pop it into Halfords and for not much money, they will fit it for you while you wait.

The few CD players I've fitted have all been plug and play.

Well, the Lude is all legal now & I've done about 400 miles on my new engine & all is well:amuse:

0-60 7.8 seconds, just got to try & tidy up the bodywork now...

New favorite saying:

'' Drinking & driving are my two favorite things to do...Not my One favorite thing to do! ''

Glad to see you've got it all sorted now. I bet you are quite relieved and I'm sure you've learned loads in the process of doing it.

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4199-dvc00665.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4201-dvc00663.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4202-dvc00662.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4204-dvc00660.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4205-dvc00659.jpg

jc-denton-albums-prelude-before-picture4206-dvc00658.jpg

I would like to thank everybody for all the support I have received during this project.
As soon as I can convince my brother to take his bike out of the garage I want to over to the west side of Scotland to have a play on some of those Magnificent A roads:blink1:

Last edited:
check out hondapartsnow.com in the states u can still get panels from there catalogue ,sills quarters and the like |B