increasing engine capacity on a V5

cooltide

Car
Forester 2.5xt
Hi all,
I have been on the lookaout for a rover v8 engined kit car for some time, probably going to be a luego viento or robin hood due to budget constraints, but i haven't ruled out buying a TVR wedge or V8s instead.

My questions:

If i buy a 3528cc car and swop the engine for 4554cc, what is the procedure for making it legal and on the V5.

Will MOT SVA style inspection be required (power increase by 100bhp and co2 to over 300g/km)?

Will this increase road tax / what is cut off date?

Obviously it won't pass emissions otherwise no matter how much its leaned off. Is there an age of car that by-passes emissions legislation all together? I know the cut off date for CATS, but am i right in thinking some older cars are subject to a visible smoke check only.

think you just need to fill in the V5 with the new details
not sure on the tax bands for kit cars

hopefully someone will be alone shortly that has filled then out before

all you have to do it fill in the v5 with the new engine size they might ask for a enginners report that any garage can do on letter headed paper

for the mot dont worry about that its a kit car so will go on the year of the chassis most are old motors even if it was a new one the co will go on the engine then so it could be a 08 plate car but with a 87 engine then the co limits will be 3.5%

road tax you dont have to worry about unless its 51 plate or newer

and for visible smoke check only think thats somethink like 79 or somethink like that i never check them past 92