How many cars have you broken?

wyze

Tuner
Car
Polo 1.1
We all, it would appear, fall into 2 categories.

1) Those that drive cars without ever having a problem

2) Those that drive a car so hard they break it.

How many cars/engines have you broken in your time? Was it really the cars fault or were you being a bit to heavy footed at the time?

My bro has written off 4 cars in 5 years. Not by crashing them but there were 3 dead engines and 2 dead gearboxes. Perhaps he should use some engine oil next time. :lol::lol::lol::D:D

I have not had a single glitch or even a breakdown but consider myself to be a lucky 1.

I've blown engines and head gaskets and destroyed 2 driveshafts on my current car but it's nothing to do with my heavy foot honest...;);):D
An I also think I'll have a gearbox failiure soon....:D

I destroyed a gear box in my earlier Montego in 1993. For some reason the differential collapsed and the bits of metal ground up the rest of the contents of the casing.

That's the only one. So I've been very fortunate. It's not as if I don't cover some miles either.

wrecked the head gasket on my prelude.
then again it had over 100k on on it and next to no service stamps in its book. pervious owner serviced it himself
i bought it with 98k on it

My Rover :lol:

Engine 1 - ticking noise from the cylinders so replaced the engine

Engine 2 - Con Rod went throught the sump and exhaust!
The gear box was also wrecked with engine 2 so I got a custom gearbox with lower first and second gears and a Torsion diff and put that in.

Engine 3 - (Totally stripped down and rebuilt) was sort of ok but had oil leaks, core plug leaks and a nasty clutch cable habit of eating them.

I also wrote off my first car a Renault 9 TLE on a country bend and twisted the chassis ending up on the top of a bank! A tractor pulled me off and I drove it home!;)

I cracked the cylinder head on my Fiat Panda Super (999cc FIRE). I drove with a 'digital' accelerator - either on or off! I gave it to my brother for free so he got the head welded up and skimmed. On the same car I also broke an engine mount after some vigorous acceleration. Also broke engine mounts on both Fiestas I've owned and had a catastrophic clutch disintegration on my Mk1 MR2.

First ever accident (passed test in 94) & first car I've ever killed was this time last year, spun the car on a straight country lane?! No idea what happened, but ended upon it's side in the bushes.:(

In 25 years I have blown two road car engines whilst driving, dropped a ring in my HS Chevette and blew the bottom end out of my Firenza. The third was weird, I went to start my Calibra one morning and it would not start, then when it did it rattled and died. Found out the bottom end had gone................but it didn't do that when driven the day before, never come across this before, very bizarre!

Track cars is a different story................holed my sump in the penulimate race and dropped from 2nd to 5th in the championship that year, poor Mini! Blew the Manta engine in my Chevette after 5 races, didn't see that coming! Spent 3 months shoe-horning a Rover V8 into it after that, took it to its first race and I couldn't get it to fire up. I managed to shear the flywheel bolts, the starter was spinning the flywheel! Threw a rod through the block of my Audi GT, again that was unexpected! Finally cooked the engine in the Audi in its last race before I broke it, was in the final of the end of season bash at Llandlow and was in the points when the temp gauge soared and I thought sod it, red mist and never say die, or would that be dai in Wales? :blink1: