Torque Cars

Hi all TCJB's back

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 1 June 2019.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Just letting you know that I haven't dropped off my perch and am back home today from a app 4500 klm bucket list trip around 1/2 of my home state Queensland.
    My 4wd drive crew cab diesel powered ute was faultless and the fuel consumption ranged between 8.7 to 11.3 litres per 100 klm's

Am looking forward to my next track day in the Type R to give my BBK upgrade a good test as am sure that they will inspire more confidence when braking at the last possible moment and will not fade away after a couple of hot laps.

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Here are some pics of just how big Queensland actually is.

Many of the roads had straights 15+ klm's long and one day we drove for nearly 80 klm's without seeing another vehicle.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=england+map+over+queensland+map&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=OdggoFxykcjVwM%3A%2CyHtHSVz86ho41M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kThf_oQbHwa7O_2f-yv-JvLo0Wkbw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8stWKjsniAhXFXSsKHdTdBRwQ9QEwAHoECAUQBA#imgrc=nEP7wwzIEV17FM:&vet=1

In most areas of the outback we had to be aware and careful of "road trains" that are 50 meters long traveling in both directions.

https://www.google.com.au/search?so........0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.mpr_4fMsnS4

Last edited: 1 June 2019
  3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Sounds awesome. I've also been away as well but nothing as exciting as you. Good to have you back.

Got any road trip photos?

4. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Wife has some pics on her phone .

obi_waynne likes this.