Fuel prices are creeping up again

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just spotted the local garages have added 3p to the price of unleaded taking it to 104.9p per litre.

If the increase hasn't hit your area yet I'd fill up ASAP.

When the vat rate goes back to 17.5% it will go up another few pence as well!

Creeping up? I have to buy V power every time! Good job im in the v power club and they have given me a monumental...£4 fuel voucher :lol:

Better than nothing though :p

My local Asda is still selling Diesel at 99.9, most brands are about 100.9-101.9, except the rip-offs Texaco and Murco.

According to www.petrolprices.com, my cheapest garage within 5 miles is actually my nearest Shell - 400 yards away, which is nice cos I get about 3.5p off per litre using a selection of cards at Shell garages. Diesel is 101p with petrol a very close 97p - this represents the closest I've seen the two for months. Remember last year when diesel was about 130p? Petrol was about 15p cheaper.

V powers around 103p Normal was 98 i think diesel i dont know about.
this was last week however will have a look later when im back in town

Normal petrol is 102.9 at the garage round the corner. Can't remember exactly what diesel was but it was cheaper than petrol!!!!! :blink:

got petrol tuesday 105 for super 103 diesel and 99 for normal.

expect it to go up again as theryre looking for $80 a barrel by the end of the month

thieving petrol manufacturers!!!! when oil collapsed they did not feed it all in to the petrol price and now as the oil price is rising they are immediately increasing petrol prices - if oil hits USD140/barrel then the petrol price will start closing in on GBP2 !!!! per litre.
And of course the govt have to have their share as well which will also no doubt in future budgets again.

seen yesterday's paper ? station in kensington - £1.45 for diesel £1.39 or 95 unleaded. average price across the UK is £1.02 and £1.05 for derv.

But weve not to panic buy as the wagons are thinking about protests and blockages in the near future what with the recession meaning companies are having to pay off workers and the price of crude still going up and the lovely government wanting to whack another 2p on in September

Then the VAT will go back up to 17.5% so thats another 3p or so! (Is this in December time?)

what i find funny is the gas copmanies are complaining about declining profits but when we were paying close to $4 per gallon here in the states is they were reporting profits in the billions. I don't know about you but if im a business owner and say i was only clearing a million a year in profit i think i would be happy. but hey im kinda simplistic when it comes to living anyhow.

Hey guys in Germany the fuel is at 1,32 Euro that is 1,10 P
And that is cheap last year it was at 1,48 Euro.