Have lower fuel prices affected you much?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Now that the pump fuel prices are lower has it affected you much?

Are you driving more frequently or making more journeys? Are you less concerned about your MPG and will you take economy into account when you buy your next car?

where i live, 91ulp has gone down to $1.02-$1.06 per litre, in the last 12 months has dropped from $1.30 per litre, hasn't changed my habits, i still do around 400k's a week mainly "pleasure" driving as i only work 2 days. plus my 84 charade only uses roughly 22-25L for those k's depending on the right foot ;)

We are currently paying around $1.50 per litre - a drop from $2.20 approximately so we are really happy over here.

what is really annoying is when oil was fairly expensive, around $80 a barrel, we were on $1.40 or so per litre and now it is 1/3 of the price, petrol at the pump is still over 66% the price it was. And we have just gone below $1 a Litre as some foreign person took over a servo out woop woop and has dropped his price to attract customers so the rest are following suit :D

yep, here in oz, our prices are set by the singapore index, why i have no idea, but usa are paying on average country wide $1.75 a gallon or roughly 45c a litre, and have seen alot whinge about that :(

Yeah to be honest, as petrol is cheaper lately I'm finding myself doing quick car journeys for something that is easily within walking distance. Now that you think about it it's probably amounting to the same price ?-/

I even find myself driving to further petrol stations just because they are cheaper than the ones near by .V(

Yeah to be honest, as petrol is cheaper lately I'm finding myself doing quick car journeys for something that is easily within walking distance. Now that you think about it it's probably amounting to the same price ?-/

I even find myself driving to further petrol stations just because they are cheaper than the ones near by .V(
Ah the health benefits to expensive petrol! I think we've all done this.

Does not bother me in the slightest, I modified my car without a single thought towards the MPG. Quite frankly the car can drink as much as it wants, if the tank gets low I will just top it up again, simples! |B