Fuel nearest or cheapest

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you one of these people who will drive for 15 minutes to get cheaper fuel? Or do you just fill up at the nearest petrol station to you?

I tent to top up rather than fill up if the price seems high, then when I spot a reasonably priced petrol station I brim it!

just tend to get it wherever - i used to look around for cheaper fuel but where i normally stay (in the uk) its a much of a much although i avoid buying fuel on the dual carriageway petrol stations

I get mine wherever, there is never much more than 2p in it so i figure whats the point in looking around.

however in contradiction to dpsubaru the cheapest fuel station is on the dual carrigeway out of town :amazed: very unusual

i cant understand why people travel to save on petrol and heres why

closest station to you = 1.20 a litre
distant station but cheaper = 1.18 a litre

so thats 2c on every litre, so lets fill the car, mine takes 60 litres
thats 1.20 im saving or 1 litre in perspective

id use more traveling to and from that petrol station

my tip, dont use your radio so loud and youll save just as much
and if your 1 of those people who is so miserable and always complaning over the different petrol prices, get a bus pass or stay at home

Last edited by a moderator:
my tip, dont use your radio so loud and youll save just as much
wasted tip mate your radio turned up max would struggle to pull 10amps - dont go by the fact it says it can pull 52w on 4 channels thats 208w at 12v that 17 amps. now go check your fuse and see what it is.

and my reason for going further away isnt just for the cheaper fuel its for the decent quality fuel