Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec

Car
Focus 1.6 Zetec
Hey Guys.

I have a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec 2002 and I'm quite interested in improving the handling in my car to give it better aggressive cornering. I also want to improve the look on my car but i hate body kits so is there anybody who can make some suggestions? Ty in Advance.

Hi there sweaty omnivore and welcome to TorqueCars. Your username is a curious choice?

Anti rollbars, coilovers and a 35-40mm drop should sort your handling out. Its also worth getting some larger rims and fitting low profile tires, aim to keep them the same height overall.

Yeah every 1 thinks the name is.... unique haha. Dont cars already have anti-roll bars or are these better after market parts. I dont know much about cars so what are coil overs and are will lighter rims make any difference?

Few cars have anti roll bars. Some of the sporty models do but it does improve handling a lot. Lighter rims will help you its something to do with "unsprung weight" but to be honest I dont know much about this.

Coil overs are spring/shocks that are one unit and you can twist the top to change the ride height/spring rate.

im pretty sure my car has all ready got one becuase i heard a ford engineer i know talking to me about it when i was getting my car serviced. ill check it out. thank you for the advise i just ordered some new 17" team dynamics pro race 2 rims with uniroyal rainsport 205/40/17 tyres last night cant wait for them to turn up.

haha well i guess this is one more! btw if i have bigger wheels on is it still ok to lower the car or will i get problems with the driveshaft angle as in mentions in the torquecars article on lowering.