Engine Swaps/Turbo Projects

LeadRogue

Car
Astra 1.9 CDTi@212
I heard that projects like full engine transplants had started to phase out these days. Not sure if that is true but I am looking to start a project of putting a larger engine in a smaller car. No idea where to start or whats involved. I was hoping to find someone who was willing to go 50-50 on a project with a bit of previous expertise and knowledge?

they are probably more starting to phase out due to the complicated wiring looms such as the canbus system. trying to put an engine that needs the canbus signals to run in an older car is alot of work

More people just want to go and buy a finished car. The thought of doing work on it and being off the road for a while fills people with dread.

The new SORN rules probably don't help.

Tell me about it.....
My car has been off the road for ages because I'm doing an engine conversion.

The ideal sinario would be to just upgrade to a larger engine in the same family, for example....

My old engine is a Peugeot XUD9TE and I'm upgrading to an XUD11TE. They are the same block (XU) both diesels (D) and both turbo (TE) but as you've noticed the number is different which denotes the capacity is later 9=1.9 11=2.1.

All the wiring fits and also my mechanical fuel pump.
Research is the key, ask people who've done your engine conversion before.