engine swap for pugs ugly duckling

pugary

Car
peugeot 307 xsi
So, after spending some time looking for a project car and everything i looked at being "over done" with regards to being projects or having engine swaps, i decided on the ugly duckling of the peugeot family, the 307.

It was cheap (only £600), it was the top model in the range.........but most of all it was a little different to what most decide to use.

Im not going to be rushing this project, i dont care if it takes 10yrs, its going to be my thing to keep me busy on a saturday afternoon/give me peace from the kids and the wife :)

Now onto the important bit..........

Engine wise, im thinking the 406 coupe v6 engine........... but what id really like to put in it is the 1.8 20v turbo from the audi/seat/vw's

If anyone has any ideas on difficulty, what would be needed or any other engine suggestions....... please let me know

The car in question

1393077231354.jpg

The 16 valve 2.2 HDi diesel (DW12TED4) unit will go in. Remap to around 190bhp (and the more important thing, torque, well over 300lbft (over 400Nm)). Google Pug1Off in Brackley. Matt will give you the absolute gospel on the best way to go, whether you prefer diesel or petrol.

You can do a Claymore and add another motor in the boot :D

as oustanding as that would be, styling wise im going to go subtle..........a few mods to make it look the way it should have when they originally designed it............. two engine would bd a bit to mental, for now :-D

The 16 valve 2.2 HDi diesel (DW12TED4) unit will go in. Remap to around 190bhp (and the more important thing, torque, well over 300lbft (over 400Nm)). Google Pug1Off in Brackley. Matt will give you the absolute gospel on the best way to go, whether you prefer diesel or petrol.

Ive read a few of your posts on the 2.2 hdi engine, it does sound like an interesting build to be honest.......... but i have a number in my head of 300bhp that id like to be the minimum i achieve.

Would the deisel be able to get upto that?.........ill admit i dont know anything about that engine or its tuning capabilities

Also would it go straight in to the 307 with it being a peugeot engine and the 307 already housing a 2.0 hdi in its deisel version of the xsi........as that would give a plus point

It should drop in pretty easily. In fact the later 2.0 HDi 16v will tune to the same levels as the 2.2 anyway. No, you won't see 300bhp but you'll have to do a lot of work to see 300bhp from a V6 petrol unit. Torque is the key here, bhp is purely a function of torque and revs.