engine problem

kyle6

Car
lupo
i have a 1ltr lupo. the engine has just had the cam case sealed, the engine has rough spark plugs but i can not afford to by more atm.

the engine is knocking/tapping and i think it sounds like its coming from the top of the engine.

there is constant white smoke from the exhaust, but there is a huge crack around the flexi conection.

also may hav e slightly over filled the engine with oil after and an oil change and filter change.

any suggestions what it could be, to help me clear up ?

thank you :)

Spark plugs either work or they don't. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,oops, wrong forum. Of course they deteriorate but you only notice general deterioration on highly tuned cars or cars that are running boost etc.
However, a poor spark can create it's own problems and even induce engine pinking and lack of power.
Having a good plug with the correct gap is more important in your case as far as plugs are concerned.
I would be more inclined to investigate the knocking before spending any money on the car.
Does it make the noise all the time or is it intermittent ?
Noise can travel and be very clever in hiding itself from it's real source. For instance, a lot of cars with a plenum chamber can echo the noise from the bottom end and become a concert hall, misleading people into thinking the noise is top end.
There are many components on and within an engine which can be very misleading, some can be very expensive to cure, others can sound very expensive but be a cheap fix.
The hardest thing to diagnose on a forum is without doubt, an engine noise, as we all hear things differently and describe things differently.

yh your correct, I am gutted about the noise because it probably will need a rebuild or scrapped with my luck. lol.
It is a constant tap tap tap, which gets faster through the revs.
I can see that its not the alternator, i think because it really doesn't sound like its coming from it or feel like its running rough.

The car hasn't been ran for a while and wasn't like this before.

not sure what else to say to try n get to the bottom of it on the internet, probably carnt.

thanks for your help :)

So this noise only appeared after the engine had been stood still for some time ? If that's the case, it may well be something as simple as tappets. I don't know this particular engine but if it has hydraulic tappets, it may just be that they have drained of oil and have air in them.
How long did you run the engine for this assessment ?
The white smoke may just be from condensation in the exhaust system.
You may or may not have a problem. Maybe all it needs is a good run to burn off the smoke and get the oil pressure up and your tappets/followers fully charged with oil and working properly.