Do bodykits create agression in other drivers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that having a fully kitted out car promotes or creates aggression in other drivers?

Perhaps its only subtle things like no one wants to let you out of a junction or they try and stop you from joining a traffic stream or changing lane?

Perhaps there is no basis to my theory what so ever or maybe the opposite is true, and drivers are more likely to let you out?

What is your experiences as you have styled your car?

I find that people pull over to let me through... maybe the carbon fibre bonnet makes them think I've got more power? I think cars with body kits on can look boy racer-ish and if that is the case then I think people don't let then into traffic.

Perhaps its just your winning smile?

Could well be! Just give 'em a smile and a wink! Sorted. :D ;)

Also found a good tip for making your way into traffic... Rev your engine so that the driver next to you thinks you plan to cut them up, then let them speed off leaving a huge gap behind them to neatly and safely pull into.

I dont think its really anythin to do with bodykits, unless I see some chav in a 50ft wide kit then i will go out of my way to not let them through.
People always let me through tho, probably as I'm a girl and "woman drivers" wouldn't possibly get through that gap.

Also found a good tip for making your way into traffic... Rev your engine so that the driver next to you thinks you plan to cut them up, then let them speed off leaving a huge gap behind them to neatly and safely pull into.

lol nice idea :lol:

ido exactly the same as hayley lol if i mainy if either one of two when the car is styled, if i dont like the look of the driver or if the car is that bad it make my eyes bleed i wont let them through, or even if they have a nice/faster car than mer :lol:

I usually have found that if your car looks like it's been moddified, then you get alot of standard quick car pounce on you thinking you will give them a good race (this is one of the reasons why I can understand why someone spends thousands on making a car look extremely modified and only leave the eninge the same 1.1 or 1.2 etc). To which i'm sure you would be very embarrased when you get your pant pulled down by a 1.6 or something of the like.

So yes, to a degree I would say that the looks of your cars does have a bit of an effect on other drivers depending on what that other driver thinks of moddified cars of course as they could be like as said above^^^ they may feel they need to move out the way, let you go first at junctions etc. just to avoid any further hasstle.

I usually have found that if your car looks like it's been moddified, then you get alot of standard quick car pounce on you thinking you will give them a good race (this is one of the reasons why I can understand why someone spends thousands on making a car look extremely modified and only leave the eninge the same 1.1 or 1.2 etc). To which i'm sure you would be very embarrased when you get your pant pulled down by a 1.6 or something of the like.

Sometimes it happens the other way around, too. I remember a Mk 1 Ford Ka with stickers, alloys and a big shiny exhaust tried to race me in my MR2 (AW11). I didn't bother, just carried on accelerating up to 70MPH in 5th gear (straight past!)

Although on the same stretch of road at a different time my friend in his CRX and me in the MR2 were having a swift drive and a Fiesta with big bits and stickers on it swooped straight out of the way without being bullied.

I don't ever think a driver is idiotic if he's got big bits and stickers - that's obviously what he wants. I think he's idiotic if he drives like a fecker.