Cornering hard and breaking stuff

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever cornered, or braked really hard and ended up breaking something in the car?

It would appear that the contents of a car still follow the laws of physics if they are not clamped down!

A friend of mine just smashed a thankfully old camera lens with some enthusiastic cornering! He left it on his passenger seat and just forgot it was there, remind me never to let him borrow stuff from me.

Have you ever broken something in this way then?

Wrecked a bag of very expensive camera gear and several bottles of wine when I was involved in a near 60mph frontal in 2009. Decelerating to zero mph in half a dozen feet generates some serious forces. :-(

I wad mucking about it the astra a couple of weeks ago, i slammed on the brakes andthe passenger seat, which was loose in the back, 'flew' forwards and whacked my hand which was on the gear stick and pinned my hand against it so i couldnt take it out of gear. This left my hand bleeding while i tried to get it off which was difficult because i didnt think to switch the engine off so i was pressing down on the clutch pedal which made everything more difficult.
Clever boy me.

I wad mucking about it the astra a couple of weeks ago, i slammed on the brakes andthe passenger seat, which was loose in the back, 'flew' forwards and whacked my hand which was on the gear stick and pinned my hand against it so i couldnt take it out of gear. This left my hand bleeding while i tried to get it off which was difficult because i didnt think to switch the engine off so i was pressing down on the clutch pedal which made everything more difficult.
Clever boy me.

Ouch ! ! !

I agree, it wasnt even my seat, my friend just dumped one in there. Recovering fine just a little cut on the hand thats all.

"tis just a scratch!!"
"your arm's come off!!"