Torque Cars

Cornering, going fast or accelerating

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by obi_waynne, 5 January 2019.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    How would you rank the following as a driver?

Cornering
    Going fast
    Accelerating

For me I get the most joy from the push you back in your seat acceleration. Going fast doesn't do much for me.

Cornering is also good fun - when you've set the cars balance perfectly and the back is running slightly wide.

So what are you preferences and likes?

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    On track and sprint days it is braking as late as I dare and clipping the apex as you power out with the rear breaking traction and stepping out and catching it just right with a roll of the wrists and winding it off at the right moment to bring it back in line without fishtailing.|B

But now I have switched camps over to FWD I may need to get a bit of lift off oversteer and or add a rear bar to get the same result and back on the power to drag the bum back straight:)

obi_waynne likes this.
  3. stamford

stamford Pro Tuner

Hampshire
    Car:
    MG ZS200
    Going fast into a corner and accelerating out of it!

4. andy206

andy206 Track Warrior

stoke on trent
    Car:
    Fiesta RS Turbo
    as above the mixture of all 3 is where the sweet spot is