Cat is out of the bag......

So....

I've bought a 1987 Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI....

There is loads I can say about but I don't have any picture and it would be a waste...

Watch this space tomorrow as I will be taking loads of pictures of it....

See you in a bit...

As long as you are happy, can you tell I'm trying to sway you over to petrol proper lol. Petty turbo cars have a huge midrange but good top end too AND can pull from low down. I was very impressed with the spread of torque with your old setup - for a diesel!

Wait til I have a boost controller on and I will show you what a 330ftlbs petty turbo pulls like :)

Last edited:
As long as you are happy, can you tell I'm trying to sway you over to petrol proper lol. Petty turbo cars have a huge midrange but good top end too AND can pull from low down. I was very impressed with the spread of torque with your old setup - for a diesel!

Wait til I have a boost controller on and I will show you what a 330ftlbs petty turbo pulls like :)

What rpms do you have your peak power and torque?

Maybe about 330hp and 340/350 torques on a generic map. Next step would be air-to-air intercooler, larger injectors and live map....350hp+....

Better how chief? I have an uprated pre-rad to go on. Proven time and time again though that chargecoolers systems are more restrictive and really struggle to keep temps down on track compared to air-to-air, and the setup weighs a ton compared to air-to-air so there's another benefit.

More for less.... as in less boost required for higher power outputs,
due to lower charge temps, thats if you use a different core to the standard one,
The extra weight can't be that much, Subaru used water to air on there rally cars for years. you have all the pipes and what not plumbed in already,

Then again though, I ain't buying it and using it ;)

You don't get lower charge temps though unless you cheat with ice or something, nearly everyone with a modified FRS has a scangauge (myself included) which means we can all see our inlet temps and the chargecooler just isn't up to the job when it isn't given time to recover. For the road it's great but on track the water gets too hot, doesn't get a chance to cool and inlet temps skyrocket. True fact :D

Honestly mate why do you think you don't see all these big power cars converting from air-to-air to water-to-air.....

As for weight you have the pre-rad, short pipes, a pump (and it's reliability to worry about, they fail fairly often), and the intercooler itself then all the water on top compared with just an FMIC and bit of pipework. No brainer really!

Fair point well made,

I suppose the best kind of water cooling your inlet temps is water meths (which I can personally vouch for;) ) running 24 psi with some water meths would see even more power, hell you wouldn't have to use the meths just plain water would still see you some gains,

Right news everyone,

Kind of bad news....

I've sold it... due to the fact I needed the cash, and that it would be a (very) long time before I could get it on the road and looking like I wanted it, however this does leave me with plenty of cash that I need to get the other projects going again and I'll update as soon as I get a video together, next updates I will try a video and see if it's any good :)

Shame to hear about it mate! But I guess it's good news too as your other projects can finally be near completed. :) I'd love to see some updates with your 306 matey. Been a long time.

Right news everyone,

Kind of bad news....

I've sold it... due to the fact I needed the cash, and that it would be a (very) long time before I could get it on the road and looking like I wanted it, however this does leave me with plenty of cash that I need to get the other projects going again and I'll update as soon as I get a video together, next updates I will try a video and see if it's any good :)

It sucks that it had to go, but at least you can kick start the other projects properly now. Silver lining and all that...

Indeed, not sure I'd be wanting to use it on our winter road atm anyway. At that age and pre-resto they need all the help they can get to not rot away into oblivion! It's hard to find the will to go outside in winter but get a shift on with that 306 will you :D

There are quite a few people reading this thread looking at the stats but we've not had any updates from you in a while any updates on this project - or have you moved on to another one?

What are your plans for the future?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back