Capperz Pug Build.

Thanks for the welcome reception to the forum guys. Just a quick update, I have a design planned out for my custom fabricated rollcage and should be starting to make a full size model of it as soon as I can get enough card tubes to play around with it. :)

Re: hey people

New wheels, discs and poss exhaust system goin on tomorrow ,my exhaust system was a bit of a bodge job with dodgy welds all over the place so well overdue a new one.

Got some nice o.z. alloys but there a bit too wide :/ anyone know where I can get longer wheel bolts and
bolt on spacers on a budget ? One of my mate mentioned hubcentric spacers or something like that

Got some nice o.z. alloys but there a bit too wide :/ anyone know where I can get longer wheel bolts and
bolt on spacers on a budget ? One of my mate mentioned hubcentric spacers or something like that

Are you talking offset or 'J' here? Are they catching on the calipers or strut or the arches? Pictures would help as well.

The rim scrapes on the bottom of the damper even with 8mm of spacers behind it. They also rub on the inner wheelarch a bit at the front but I need to put lower profile tyres on it anyway. The rears need about 20mm + of spacing as they rub on the inside edge of the wheelarch

No but may b getting them widened soon anyway. The tyres aren't so much a problem as once the wheels are spaced and fitted with low profiles there should be enough clearance its just a problem getting bolt on spacers atm

Get your arches rolled mate. Definitely worth doing. Be careful with flaring them as it can mean having them resprayed as it can crack the paint.

photo-4.jpg
dug out my old fi speakers and mounted them in over the weekend

photo-3.jpg
and this is my new wheels still needing another 7mm spacing

yeah my mate said that im planning to get another three amps to mount arround the sides then use three amps to power three low profile subs that will sit where my sub and fusion 6x9s sit at the moment and move the fusions to where my amp sits at the moment and use the fourth amp to power the mid range, im also going to put a hinge in the middle of the shelf and attatch a pair of gas struts at the back so that i can mount a battery underneith and have a bit more storage space as well

Last edited:
Yeah well at the moment I have the fto backs bolted to the Peugeot bases and it kinda works :/

I used Honda rails onto a custom rail to make Honda seats fit in my BMW. Jap seats are a lot easier to work with than German ones!

Just make sure they support you correctly and work as they should in the FTO.

Interesting thread buddy! We love pictures here! :lol:

Have you considered a slight camber for the wheels? Go with a DUB look? Sound box looks the nuts!

right so had a few leaks in the pug recently worst of which was the sunroof gutter pipe which runs down the A pillar which caused water damage to all my carpet, roof liner, wiring, and box :( so im now starting a complete rebuild of the interior current progress stands at re routing the wiring to the roof and starting to spray the interior black.
photo-1-1.jpg
photo-2-1.jpg
photo-3-1.jpg
photo-7.jpg
photo-10-1.jpg
photo-8.jpg
photo-9.jpg
oh yeah and addding a new sticker :). planning to respray the whole interior black with burnt orange accents, the wiring for the back is going to run down green tubing running along either side of the roof, i am going to custom build a new dash which will pretty much just be a center console with everything on it including all the lights controlls ect that is normally controlled by the stalks on the column, im going to buy a completely new audio system and build new boxes for everything and then carpet the whole floor.

right, quick update. spent a fair few nights recently playing with wires, removing unneccessary wires, plugs, fuses, relays ect. and starting to wire all the column controlls into seperate switches which i have now decided to mount on a switchboard mounted on the drivers door, i have also moved my ignition switch to under the center of the windscreen.
photo-2-2.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-1-2.jpg

still to do:
1: buy switches for my switchboard
2: build box for switchboard and mount on drivers door
3: extend all switch wires and run into door
4: construct pannel to conceal wiring up front
5: mount warning lights, speedo and fuel guage
6: buy and fit 14 high intensity LEDs into roof for interior light
and thats the electrics done :/

Wow.... massive update! What sort of audio build are you going for? Like one of them mental box things that take up all space in the car?

i havnt finalised anything on the audio side of things yet however my mate used to work for an audio install company so im getting him to plan it all, i have however decided to fork out £300 for this bad ass headunit
heroshot_sph-da100_main.jpg

just looked up the cost of parts to move all the switches and controlls onto a pannel on the drivers door, and just for switches, wires, connectors, diodes and LEDs im looking upwards of £250 :/

progress at the moment is somewhat delayed due to the fact i dont have a job at the moment and i bought myself a fiat punt to put on the road while im finishing this