Capperz Pug Build.

Thanks for the welcome reception to the forum guys. Just a quick update, I have a design planned out for my custom fabricated rollcage and should be starting to make a full size model of it as soon as I can get enough card tubes to play around with it. :)

Re: hey people

Major nightmare with the pug, the fuel pipe from the pump split causing 10 litres of fuel to be wasted in my front garden :/ only noticed when I was testing the LEDs that I wired into my sidelights and saw the needle dropping rather rapidly.

finally got back out on te road over the weekend, threw up a few loose connections down the country lanes worst of which was my alternator cable :-/ got that fixed at work though and was out again in no time now just gotta re-secure my headunit and check how much of a beating my exhaust system took from a few rather large branches that got thrown up along a particularly bad road. also have now converted to a 2 seater and custom making a box to fill my boot space as my speakers currently reside in the remains of my parcel shelf mounted where the back seats were.

hey guys, im planning to build a false floor to fill the space in the back but need a few pointers on the best way to build and support it any help would be much appreciated, heres my thoughts anyway; im planning to have the floor curved so that it goes from the height of my boot sill down to floor level and then back up to about halfway up my front seats and then mount my sub and 2 6X9s behind the seats facing out and have my amp and 2 6" speakers mounted opposite with green LEDs to illuminate the amp. i am mainly concerned about how the sub will sound if i just mount it into the false floor and weather i will have to build a box for it. thanks in advance for any tips and advice.

for best results id build a box for it, that way you can have the correct volume of air for the sub.
the craft the rest of the floor around it

are you planning to just have it carperted or fiberglassed ?

Well I've got a bit of extra wood left so planning to build the sub box onto the underside of the floor that way it can act as a support as well. Planning to carpet over it as that seems the easiest/cheapest way to do it.

well I started on my false floor on the weekend and after 6 hours this is where it's at at the moment.

IMAG0136-1.jpg

Are you going to port the false floor?
I'd have the sub boxed underneath the floor as if you leave it open it will just interfere with those 6x9's and the midrange.
They will all be competing against each other for available air space. ;)

Well ive still got some finishing to do such as securing it to the back of the boot because as you can see in the pic the back of the box is sitting slightly away from where it should be and ive got to finish boxing everything in but yeah after that im going to put some ports in at the front between the seats and i need to buy a shallow mount sub because of space restrictions and i cant gain any extra space undernieth the sub thats the only reason its inverted at the moment just so i could test evrything and drive the car still

Thanks for the compliments guys. This is my first attempt at sewing in general but I was bored so decided to go for it. My poor skills do show a bit with the fold near the top of the left wing but other than that I'm quite proud if it. It did take about 18 hours tho :/

Thanks for the compliments guys. This is my first attempt at sewing in general but I was bored so decided to go for it. My poor skills do show a bit with the fold near the top of the left wing but other than that I'm quite proud if it. It did take about 18 hours tho :/

Well you mention about the fold near the top of the left wing, but I am not so sure how much of that will show if any at all once it is stretched over the actual seat ;)

now that's dedication for ya ;)

this is the sort of thing I'm afte for the pug, this one is from a 1991 Buick lesabre has anyone got any ideas as to where I might find something similar?
1102sr_02_o%2B1961_buick_lasabre%2Bspeedometer.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah I figured I'm gonna have to pay a fair bit but I'm saving money by building the dash myself and I got plenty of time till I will need it anyways. Cheers for the help tho

Learnt a very good lesson today about correct wheel torques. The lesson was to use them as my left front wheel fell off doing 60 on a bend and i scraped to a halt on my now flattened disk. Luckily i didnt do any damage to anythimg underneith however i did buckle my wheelarch quite badly as the wheel bounced off it. New wheels and tyres all round and new front disks and hubs needed now

:eek::eek:
Bet you needed new underwear after that!!
Glad your ok buddy it's a harsh but good lesson tbh.
I always torque up the wheel nuts after they've been off. I've seen this happen before and the results was a car that was a total write off!!!
Just not worth the risk.

I was surprisingly ok with it I just jacked the car up stuck the wheel back on and drove back home my sump was about 10mm off the floor when I finally stopped so got lucky really that I didn't damage anything other than the disk.