Are Quad bikes legal for road use?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There are quite a few guys driving round our area on quad bikes. The large ones, they have registration numbers and indicators/lights. Are they fully road legal? Do you have to wear a crash helmet?

Would you ever consider buying one? They might be cheap personal transportation, a 200bhp super quad would do me! Hey, TorqueQuadbikes here we come! :lol:

Yeah they're legal but theres probably tests on them I presume. I cant imagine it in the winter though! I'd rather have a motorbike frankly... Quads are good fun but - in my opinion - better off road! :D

yeah they are legal. i think it would just be a bike lcense you need to drive one about.

they would be better in the winter you just have to use those silly glove things that go on the handles

If you have an MOT and INSURANCE it is fine. They come under the road traffic act definition of a motor vehicle. You do not need to wear a crash helmet either.

This is simple.

Road legal quads are legal for road use. Those that aren't road legal aren't legal for road use. Sorry to make such a simple point, but that's all there is to it.