Why do bikers dress to match their bikes colour?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I know we must have some bikers on here looking at some of the profile pages.

Now do I go round in Purple all day? Does PG, Prince and HDi wear a Silver spacesuit all day? - NO!

Why do bikers feel the need to wear the same colour leathers as their bikes? (Or they dress up the same as their passenger?)

Do you think I should get a Purple outfit?

In a car, you are usually mostly hidden, so any matching outfit would be lost. On a bike, however, you are totaly visible. As you need to wear protective gear, why not get it to compliment the bike? As the suit is similar in size to a bike, the wrong combination would look horrible.

I have never been a fashion victim (have far better things to spend my hard earned cash on) but a lot of people are so this is no different to matching handbags, shoes, shades to your trousers/dress/jacket etc.

No waynne I don't wear a silver spacesuit! :lol: I agree with OG, on some level they should match, but not to the degree of being gay! What bugs me is when people wear shirts and jackets with another make to their car on it. I have a mate that drives a Punto but wears a Honda jacket, and a Honda t-shirt. Maybe he just dreams of owning a car that doesn't break down! :lol:

I know we must have some bikers on here looking at some of the profile pages.

Do you think I should get a Purple outfit?

yes. yes i do ;)

Why do bikers feel the need to wear the same colour leathers as their bikes? (Or they dress up the same as their passenger?)

well i can understand if you get black leathers if you have a black bike. it just looks better than those power ranger looking one's.
personally when i have got my gsxr 750 or R6, nomatter what the colour of the bike if it is bright orange of silver i will still wear black/black dark blue leather set.

tbh waynne i think you should do a bike section. you might get more people signing up if they have something to talk about :p