Are motorway services a rip off?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that motorway service stations give value for money?

In my experience everything is over priced and the actual quality of food provided leaves a lot to be desired.:confused::sad2:

Is it just me? Are there any service areas you would praise or recommend?

If I need fuel I ALWAYS pull off the motorway and save myself around 6p per litre!:toung:

yeap they are well overpriced.
my sister used to work in one just up the road. £6.99 for a breakfast and theres not much in it. i pay £1.80 at work and get more.
Im not going to start on the fuel

I don't think there's much margin on forecourt fuel in the UK. At least not for the retailer/franchise holder. This is an argument the oil companies keep using. What they neglect to tell us is that they make a healthy profit at the wholesale end. And the forecourts would make ZERO on confectionery and food if none of us stopped there for fuel anyway.

aye complete rip off merchants, not just on the fuel but on the stuff in the shop too... even the local garages round my way. an ex. a can of relentless (red bull type stuff but in a pint can) i can get them from cosco in bulk, case of 24 for 75p each. so then if you sell them at a pound you've made 25p profit. so then sell 3 cases an then your in for a free case. whereas the garage thats an the end of my road they sell them for £1.70. even more for motorway services. i will rather run out an call out the aa an say that my fuel gauge didnt work ;p than pay like 1.40 for petrol