Motorway services rip off

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How much of a rip off are motorway services?

Fuel prices are usually a good 5p a litre higher, food and drink prices are soaring to astronomical levels and I'm just not impressed with the quality of food served.

Would they make more money if they lowered prices and increased quality? Is it fair to pay more because of the convenient location? Do you divert off your route to find a local town that you can get a meal/drink in to break your journey?

I know when I need fuel I refuse to get a full tank at these prices and just top up a little to get me off the motorway. They would make more money out of me if the fuel prices were more normal.

Went to the Watford Gap Services last Saturday for the TC meet and had a full english breakfast, 2 toast and a cup of tea - £12.95 :mad:

Might have felt better about it if Gordon Ramsey was stood in front of the griddle cooking it ;)

As for fuel, the same as Waynne, if caught short then only just enough to get me home to top at a sensible price. Its not that I can't afford the price but I despise being ripped off by any body, expecially by large companies with considerably more money than me!

Drove past a service station ran by shell on the A127..... Take a guess as to how much diesel was and petrol?

Sod it! I'll tell you....

standard diesel - £1.50
Petrol - £1.40

:blink:

They really rip you off i think its because most people dont know the area so dont know where else to go,plus it is convenient and on route or just plain ole rip off britain fleecing the motorist

Supply/demand and convenience !!
If it's needed/wanted people have to pay higher prices for it!!
Good business sense imo!!