anybody else ever been fooled

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
i got to talking to a lad in the local motor factors and when he said he was in to his jap stuff. i asked him if he had seen the nice crx with a ic just poking through the bottom of the bumper local to him? he said yes but its not a ic its a airfilter:confused: this baffled me i asked him are you sure? he said he had spoken to the owner about it and he told him it was a mugen (spelling??) fmaf :amuse: then he showed him a little closer and it had a perspex shield and only 1 pipe coming out of the fmaf:amuse:

i did a quick search on google and this cropped uphttp://www.speedzonemotorsports.com/product.php?productid=2370&js=n but the 1 on this crx looks more real!!!

anybody alse been fooled by anything like this????

Never been fooled tbh. It's a bit like the decades old apprentice wind up who'd be told to go and get a part number for a VW Beetle water pump or a distributor cap for a diesel VW transporter.

Clever, I once saw some stick on brake disks that go on rear drums. From a distance they looked about as convincing as an ebay plug in chip tuning box!

Found the pic again!

2487b638e4653b.jpg

The lack of a caliper or pad is a bit of a giveaway!

i kinda like that air filter that looks like an ic. think its quite a cool idea. it will only fool you if u dont know what your buying . lol

The Style police should have towed that away a long time ago.

I didn't even know those FMAF things existed! :lol:
Can we get a banger for £50 (not my banger!) & fit all these awful gadgets to it?

It could have...

A FMAF
An Electric dump valve
An electric supercharger
One of those twirly vortex doings
CO2 purge kit (or the type that works from your washer bottle)
and a performance resistor ebay thingy

Cor I bet it would be awesome, could probably do a 1/4 in like 7 seconds. :bigsmile:

I didn't even know those FMAF things existed! :lol:
Can we get a banger for £50 (not my banger!) & fit all these awful gadgets to it?

It could have...

A FMAF
An Electric dump valve
An electric supercharger
One of those twirly vortex doings
CO2 purge kit (or the type that works from your washer bottle)
and a performance resistor ebay thingy

Cor I bet it would be awesome, could probably do a 1/4 in like 7 seconds. :bigsmile:

you missed out the turbo exhaust whistler thinymajig
thats bount to knock off another 0.5 second

And the go faster stripe and sun strip.

I had one of these next to me at the lights the other day and it got me worried!...

What if the rust spread to my car.:lol: