All new Torquecars !

ronniecalcutta

Road Burner
Car
Hyundai Accent
Hello you moderator guys ! Thanks everyone for an entire overhaul of our favourite forum. You guys made our forum really better. The new background is good, the home page is made to be soothing for our eyes, the congested separators are gone, the profile page is made lighter, it's taking less to load and etc. etc. I've posted this thread to thank all the guys behind this tough job. So, please keep posting to make Waynne, Pgarner, Hdifun, Turbonutter, Loz proud..

Glad you're enjoying it all. There is even more to come. It's the little things that make a big difference.

We have a great team of moderators, without which I simply couldn't do without and we have a fantastic growing membership of friendly car nuts and it is simply great to be on here every day reading your interesting posts and threads!

The new changes help make things look smoother and run smoother. Waynne does a great job keeping this forum running (for free might I add). There is not another forum that makes you feel as welcome as this. Noob or Veteran (OG comes to mind) everyone is welcome.

I think the whole site needs an update

The home page feels a bit clustered, personally i think there is to much information on the page in terms of tuning articles and adverts so it should be condensed a little bit. Have a smaller selection of articles that randomly change everyday. I know adverts are important but do we need to have one at the top where it says TorqueCars?

Change the graphics of the site, change the icons make them a bit bigger and flashier etc (the icons at the top such as home news etc do feel a bit small)

Where's my free t shirt for suggesting we change the look of the site Waynne?

It's just you MA, I might play with different spacing and ideally I wanted alternating shades of grey on the horizontal rows instead of the vertical but it seems to be impossible to achieve without some major hacking.

UTK! The redesign has been on the cards for a while, you merely prompted me to get on with it. The front page is still due some major work and a major overhaul. I'm playing with some things on www.torquecars.com/index-test.php but it is still quite scrappy and nowhere near production ready. :( I think I'm pushing the site software as far as I can at the moment.

After this I need to redo the backend software that drives the site and sort out the navigation and index pages so they are easier to get round. (This should further improve the page load times.)

It's just you MA, I might play with different spacing and ideally I wanted alternating shades of grey on the horizontal rows instead of the vertical but it seems to be impossible to achieve without some major hacking.

UTK! The redesign has been on the cards for a while, you merely prompted me to get on with it. The front page is still due some major work and a major overhaul. I'm playing with some things on www.torquecars.com/index-test.php but it is still quite scrappy and nowhere near production ready. :( I think I'm pushing the site software as far as I can at the moment.

After this I need to redo the backend software that drives the site and sort out the navigation and index pages so they are easier to get round. (This should further improve the page load times.)

Well atleast i prompted you to get a move on, the home page needs cleaned not to mention the site will look at cleaner if you removed the ads from the torquecars banner and moved them elsewhere

Sadly the ads have to stay at the top. We need to cover our £150 per month (and rising) hosting fees somehow and putting an ad right at the top does help to cover these costs - we don't get paid much if the ads are displayed quite low down. (It is sadly a necessary evil. You will note though that registered members in the forums get to see fewer ads.)