Advanced driving qualifications.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Has anyone got an advanced driving qualification? I'm thinking about courses like the IAM or Police drivers training etc...

Did it change your driving habits? Was it worth the money?

What is your top tip to pass on from it?

I've got a Pass Plus certificate but it didn't really help much anyway. I would like to do something like a 'learn how to race' course, but using my car. If I was to join the police force the only part that really interests me is the pursuit driving.

my mate got 1 free when he bought his civic type r and as soon as he had finished he came round mine and showed me his new moves cant really describe what he showed me on the computer its more the case of seeing it but the jist of it is knowing your lines and turning the steering wheel as little as possible (less chance of under steer) knowing when to brake and accelerate also your road tax covers you for the road not just the left lane (unless double white line)

he also learned that honda uk set up the civic type r for under steer cause the british drivers cant handle the way the japs set them up (over steer) and advised him once he got used to driving the car to go and have a fast road setup done

I've done a few 4 hour sessions with Ride Drive UK Limited. Their instructors are a all serving Police Class 1 instructors. It's fun, and they will REALLY stretch you. Far more than IAM or ROADA will.

Has anyone got an advanced driving qualification? I'm thinking about courses like the IAM or Police drivers training etc...
Did it change your driving habits? Was it worth the money?
What is your top tip to pass on from it?

This is well worth the effort to study and go for.
The IAM test opens your eyes and gets you thinking even better about everything on the road. :)