95 Camry 5S-FE questions

Heera

Car
Hyundai
ey everyone. Just picked up my first Toyota ever. As the title says, a 95 Camry 5S-FE in excellent condition.

I'm not new to wrenching, and I had a few questions to start with.

1. Is it necessary to do cam/crank seals when replacing a timing belt? Is it just a good idea while you're there? Does this same idea hold for the water-pump? All of my cars up to this point have been chain so this area is new to me.

2. The tach illumination light is out. How hard is it to take out the cluster and replace the bulb?

3. The parking brake light is also "always-on". The parking break itself is in full working order. Should I be looking to replace a known-issue sensor here?

4. Do these cars has internal or external fuel filters?

5. If I replace an oil-pan gasket with OEM gasket-maker, should I also do the oil pump (car has 177k on the clock)

6. When the trans is cold, o/d hesitates to kick in, but never slams gears and aways shifts smoothly once warmed up. I'm told this has to do with the bearing channels on the controller assembly located above and adjacent to the trans filter. I know on some of my previous cars these are hard to remove and clean. How is it with these transmissions? The car has had routine drain and fills but never a power-flush (which everyone says not to do or that they don't help with anything; I've always just done drain/fill myself). Opinions?

7. Has anyone figured out a "least messy" way to limit oil spills when changing the filters?
Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice everyone!

That's a lot of questions...

1) I always would do them.

2) Not worked on one of these, Hyundai dashes are generally quite straightforward, if you find out where the screws and tab points are - consult an online manual.

3) It sounds like a faulty switch or relay to me.

4) See this link for info, not sure of your cars year https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/90-01-Toyota-Camry-Fuel-Filter-Replacement-Throttle-Body-Cleaning

5) You'll be kicking yourself if you have to take it all off again and replace the oil pump. Perhaps a reconditioned pump is a good cheaper alternative.

6) Sorry I don't know the answer to this one.

7) Use an oil catch pan and tray, keep everything over this whilst working on it.

ey everyone. Just picked up my first Toyota ever. As the title says, a 95 Camry 5S-FE in excellent condition.

I'm not new to wrenching, and I had a few questions to start with.

1. Is it necessary to do cam/crank seals when replacing a timing belt? Is it just a good idea while you're there? Does this same idea hold for the water-pump? All of my cars up to this point have been chain so this area is new to me.

2. The tach illumination light is out. How hard is it to take out the cluster and replace the bulb?

3. The parking brake light is also "always-on". The parking break itself is in full working order. Should I be looking to replace a known-issue sensor here?

4. Do these cars has internal or external fuel filters?

5. If I replace an oil-pan free netflix netflix free trial upcoming movies gasket with OEM gasket-maker, should I also do the oil pump (car has 177k on the clock)

6. When the trans is cold, o/d hesitates to kick in, but never slams gears and aways shifts smoothly once warmed up. I'm told this has to do with the bearing channels on the controller assembly located above and adjacent to the trans filter. I know on some of my previous cars these are hard to remove and clean. How is it with these transmissions? The car has had routine drain and fills but never a power-flush (which everyone says not to do or that they don't help with anything; I've always just done drain/fill myself). Opinions?

7. Has anyone figured out a "least messy" way to limit oil spills when changing the filters?
Thanks in advance for all the helpful advice everyone!

thank you