Need some advices on Volvo 850 T5

kioskaskdn

Car
Volvo 850 T5 2.0l
Hello everybody, i'm new in here. Have been browsing though forums for a while and joined recently. Here is the thing i want to ask you all: i have a Volvo 850 T5, got it as a b-day present a year ago (long story :) ). Now i want to increase bhp amount with as less expenses as possible, i've done some customisations like dump valve, high flow air filter and mbc (quite low budget i have :( ). Can anybody advice me what to do next like where should i start and what to do first,because i don't have a lot of knowledge in performance mods. Any help would be appreciated.

not to much on one go, thanks for welcome :) i'm using this car in every day driving so i can't go something big or something what couldn't be done in max two days. i think i could go 200quit on one go, maybe 300

I'd say you want to be looking at upgrading the exhaust system as the next step. I'd recommend a full exhaust including manifold and either a sports cat or a de-cat pipe.

I'd say you want to be looking at upgrading the exhaust system as the next step. I'd recommend a full exhaust including manifold and either a sports cat or a de-cat pipe.
That's not what I'd call a budget upgrade, Manifold alone can be into 4 figures.
Mine is going on the rollers on th 28th, I'll report back then with some sugestions.
Nitrous might be the best option.

Last edited:
any known companies of yours to do a remap? i found one on google in birmingham, sent them an e-mail like a week ago and still no respond. and about that exhaust, is it possible to upgrade it and not improve the sound? i hate then a car roars like hell knows what :)

hi mate what lump have you got in it the m12 or m11 i think they are one is fly by wire other has a throttle cable

i had a c70 t5 and played with that a little and that did go very well but was very bad on juice was lucky if it did 12 mpg might of been the way i was driving lol

95 850 t5 18t turbo upgrade TME exhaust turbo back TME springs IPD sway bars bilsteins reverse intercooler kit IPD short air ram catch can soon ecu reflash stage 111
MTE

95 850 t5 18t turbo upgrade TME exhaust turbo back TME springs IPD sway bars bilsteins reverse intercooler kit IPD short air ram catch can soon ecu reflash stage 111
MTE
Hurry up and get 10 posts up so that we can see some pictures.