would the Red Top Turbo (C20LET) fit into a mk5 astra 1.4

benji26

Car
Astra 1.4 16v
i was just asking if a Red Top Turbo (C20LET) fit into a mk5 astra 1.4, if so have they got any pics and a convertion guide if possible

I'd hazzard a guess and say yes. But the question I would be asking is how much would it cost?
We do have a resident Vaux fenatic BAD63R will be around soon i'm sure he'll be able to help you out mate.

yes it can be done! but if i had a mk5 astra i would look more at trying to source a z20let;)

Hello pal, let me offer my 2 cents worth. C20LET with a Z20LET oil pump (can take huge numbers of bhp and are stronger than the C20 version). One thing you have to bear in mind is that the youngest red top turbo engine you can get now is at least 14ish years old. So without a doubt you will need to spend a further £1000 rebuilding it back to a perfect standard. Parts are not very easy to get anymore so agree with what is said above that the Z20 would be better as the parts are readily available. One thing though, the red top is far easier to tune.

On a flip side and i keep saying this in other threads, the 2.5 V6 or 3.0 V6 engines are definatly becoming favorites with conversions in Calibras, Cavaliers, Astras, some Corsas although its alot of work) and also in Vectras. The 3.0 in standard form offers 210bhp so 3bhp over the C20LET and 20bhp over the Z20LET and will only cost you about £500 for everythign you need.

The 5 stud hubs from a Cav, Calibra or Vectra will fit straigh onto yours so bigger brakes are open to you. and you only need to have one mount made up for it to fit ;)