the fast and the furious 4

charger69

Pro Tuner
Car
Opel Corsa B X14XE
it is going to be released on 3rd april in the U.S. and A.:)
and it has the good old crew, vin diesel, paul walker, jordana brewster....
and this time it's my style, it's all about muscles.

10th over here. are you sure about all the muscle ? or have you just watched the trailers

just seen a few trailers. and i liked them, i like the old crew coming back together.

how about fast and furious 5 being filmed in europe, racing east european customs and west european tuners? racing thru german autobahns straight to UK and france?

nah it went down hill after the 1st unless this is any good i think its over
like miniman says the cops took over from the second tokoyo drift was pretty rubbish

They are all rubbish, if you are after racing realism. The eye candy is good, the cars are pretty, but the story lines are VERY weak and the actual 'racing' is pathetic. It's Hollywood's idea of what 13 year olds think street racing is like.

G*d, I feel old :)

Me too! We don't watch these for the plot. I've seen each film about 4 times now and could still quite happily watch them again.

the worse one is the 2 fast 2furious, that's the most stupid way made. but as i said i like the old crew coming back together, and wanna see what and how the new cars are like.

Just seen the TV trailer. That is one hell of a wheel stand, very realistic :)

It took me 4 attempts to watch the original all the way through. I kept laughing so much I had to switch it off. I guess being and ex-street racer I have a good idea of what is real and what isn't and, basically, none of the race sequences is true-to-life. But then, if they made it true-to-life, they would only last 10-20 seconds with none of the tooing-and-froing during the races :)

But as this is true of all fantasy films, perhaps I should just treat them as entertainment and turn off the credibility filter in my brain. No, can't do that, they are just too bad :)

It just entertainment and pretty cars. Theres no actual facts in there. "I blew the welds on my intake" was a classic line that makes little sense.

What other inaccuracies did you spot in the originals? There was a line about double clutching in a drag race as well if I remember rightly!

yeah something along the lines of you were granny shifting instead of double clutching.
i thought most drag races didnt bother with the clutch after 1st

yeah something along the lines of you were granny shifting instead of double clutching.
i thought most drag races didnt bother with the clutch after 1st

Depends on setup, but normal road cars (which these are supposed to be) will still use the clutch.

I liked the fact that when they were racing and the leader was challenged by a trailing car he would downshift and race away, whats that all about:blink:
The best chase/race scene has to be bullit all this fast and furious stuff is just pure disney, if you turn the brain off they entertain quite well though:blink1:

D

well its as it says A FILM the cars are good and the blot is crap but we still watch it an always will. roll on this one an next..................

well its as it says A FILM the cars are good and the blot is crap but we still watch it an always will. roll on this one an next..................

Don't include me in this, only seen first two and have no plans to watch any more :)

ARE the cars good? In what way are they good?

from what i have seen/read i think it will be decent. Brian is still after the bad guys, toretto is going for revenge or something along those line and they are both after the same guy so they team up. mutual distrust keep em together as much as friendship. (each has something that they could give up to ruin the others plans) Im hoping that this one will be more about the cars than the others. Tokyo Drift was good for giving people a very brief glimpse of the tuner/drift seen out in japan (although still focused to much on the good/bad guy thing for me) we will have to see how it turns out in the long run. I know im going to go see it and i will let you all know how it is (just incase you want to save the 30 bucks it will cost for you and your girl/bud to go see it)

I liked the fact that when they were racing and the leader was challenged by a trailing car he would downshift and race away, whats that all about:blink:

I've always found that hilarious as well! It doesn't make any sense, what were they thinking? :blink:

The second fast and the furious was rubbish, I enjoyed the first though, and Tokyo Drift. I agree with the entertainment sentiments, they're great fun to watch and the cars look really nice as well, but they're certainly not documentaries. I suppose if you have been apart of that scene they'd be unwatchable but for the rest of us we can ignore the rubbish plot and enjoy some fun action packed (if completely daft) CGI car chases.

I don't think they should use as much CGi as they do. Take bullit as a case in point, no special effects but great driving.

Or Vanishing Point...

...or Gone in 60 Seconds (the original - CGI in the remake!).

I'll be watching this at the cinema. Possibly more than once.

I like watching the first F and F when I'm hungover (the plot seems more believable) and the flashing colours and loud noises stop me falling asleep again.

Cars is pretty!