Fast and Furious

DominicToretto

Car
1970 Dodge Charger
I was just wondering how much would it cost to put together a car like the the ones in the the fast and furious movies especially the orange surpra in the fisrt one

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. You must be our first "fictional Character";)

On top of the base car cost you will need to spend around £10,000 on the engine and other mechanical mods and around £20,000 on styling mods. (I think these were the ball park figures given in the DVD extras.)

Most of us on here would do the engine mods and ignore the styling mods but I know everyone has different taste.

Yeah I'd concentrate on the engine rather than styling. Except of course a nice set of alloy's and lowered suspension. But generally the engine would get most of the attention.
I'd have thought that Supra would cost around £60-£70k to built from scratch.

More like $60k-70k. There's no way building something like that would cost £60k (~$100,000!!!). When they race the Ferrarri it's pretty much neck and neck so we can assume that the Supra's running about 500bhp imo. Most performance parts a LOT cheaper in the US than over here.

Although the one Brian brings Dom on the trailer is actually N/A if you look closely, then the engine they are shown working on later is the GTE.

I was just wondering how much would it cost to put together a car like the the ones in the the fast and furious movies especially the orange surpra in the fisrt one

as i know you need to get a supra like that, and i think there are the sponsors of the movie in the site of them. you can go and check them out.
i am sure not less then 50 000 $

sorry i don't have a camera but the cars not fit for the road it needs alot of work done on it including a new engine, so it will be a while until i have the funds to get it started

More like $60k-70k. There's no way building something like that would cost £60k (~$100,000!!!). When they race the Ferrarri it's pretty much neck and neck so we can assume that the Supra's running about 500bhp imo. Most performance parts a LOT cheaper in the US than over here.

Although the one Brian brings Dom on the trailer is actually N/A if you look closely, then the engine they are shown working on later is the GTE.

I thought anyway in the Film they said $20-30k in overnight parts from Japan. But in this country it would cost nearer £60k to build.

I thought anyway in the Film they said $20-30k in overnight parts from Japan. But in this country it would cost nearer £60k to build.

That's in film money though. I thought the OP meant how much to build one in real life. In the film it costs a lot less then, $30k in parts = £20kish. They did all the work so no labour.

Bear in mind that you can build a 500bhp+ Supra with just a bigger turbo and a remap! The engines will take upto 6 or 700bhp before you need to uprate the internals. Fuelling may also be an issue at the top end as well.

Jap Mk4 Supra TT injectors are 430cc IIRC so good for about 350 bhp max. I think the UK ones have slightly larger injectors but don't qoute me on that.