Remakes of car movies

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What car movies would you like to see brought up to date and which car do you think would make a good modern equivalent.

It was night rider that got me thinking. They replaced a Pontiac with a Ford much to the annoyance of fans of the original. Was this a good move?

What about a remake of Bullit or The Italian Job?

They ballsed up the Italian Job remake.

The problem I have with Knightrider is that the GT500-that-converts-to-a-F350 looks nowhere near as sleek as the Firebird Transam of the original. Had they opted for a Viper or Corvette - even a GT if they *had* to go Ford - it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad.

Bullit's a possibility, but that is still the best car chase sequence ever in a movie - Mustang GTA vs. Charger :D

I would have redone the Italien job with the new Fiat 500's. (They are probably rubbish at carrying gold bars though!):lol:

dont think they should remake any of them as we love the films for what they are
and i dont think i have seen one that has been remade that is any good as the old film has a lot to live up to

like knight rider was a trans am now a mustang something like that you have to keep the old car as thats what it was all about the car

plus at the time would of put the price of my trans am up lol

dont think they should remake any of them as we love the films for what they are
and i dont think i have seen one that has been remade that is any good as the old film has a lot to live up to

i agree with this but with 1 exception;)
and thats death race i prefer the jason statham version to the original stalone 1!!!