Car movies..

bigmoose

Torque Junkie
Car
Maruti Zen
Can we have a thread for the best car movie we have seen.....
Fast and the furious....etc etc....What do you guys say..
Waynne..can we..??

Last edited by a moderator:
You've just started it! We have done one of these before and got lots of interesting replies but as there are quite a few new films out with crazy cars/chase scenes it is probably time we revisited the topic.

My fave car movies:
Fast and Furious - this helped to raise the profile of car modding and drag racing. Although it has now been cheapened and sullied by the chavs and their plastic fantastics.

Tokyo Drift - One of the best drifts I have ever seen, up the car park ramp. Awesome stunt and plenty of nice cars to look at.

Gone in 60 Seconds - Elenore, what more can I say?

The chase scene in Bourne Ultimatum was good but I think the mini in the first Bourne film was one of the best movie chases.

What do you think about the car chases in the bond movies...??.
Gone in 60 seconds was awesome..specially the final sequence..

The original Gone in 60 Seconds has a very good car chase - 48 mins or so, basically the second half of the film, but what would you expect from a film written, directed and acted by a stunt driver? The remake is really just a borrowing of the film's name. I think there are two bits of the film which are replicated, but I enjoyed that too.

Practically the entire length of Vanishing Point is a car chase. The first film is the better film, but the remake with Vigo Mortensen or whatever his name is has a brilliant scene with a Dodge Charger chasing a Dodge Challenger.

I enjoyed the Fast and the Furious films for what they were - car #!#!#!#! and a little bit of talking!

Two Lane Black Top has a few good car moments in it, although mostly it's about the road rather than the cars - a (very) modified Chevy and a brilliant Pontiac GTO.

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry has some brilliant moments, although its not much different from the better film of Vanishing Point.

I'm always on the look out for a decent car film!

I've seen a quite a few films with good car chases in like Ronin, Bourne Supremacy and transporter and the like, though the're not car movies, but I do like a bit of car carnage in my films.

What do you guys say about the car chase at the begining of the new bond movie. Quantum of Solace.

Any idea how these car chases are shot..?? not just the chases, the accidents that happen and all those dangerous stuff...

these are the car movies i know:
knight rider
fast and furious
2fast 2 furious
tokyo drift
gone in 60 seconds
vanishing point
the last ride
red line
dukes of hazzard
there's a german movie, a comedy named autobahn raser, nice one.
also the dukes of hazzard the best one is with johnny knoxville,
and the last ride, might look as a pontiac gto commercial, but it is a nice car, and the movie is awesome, the story on that movie is nice.

1's that havent been been mentioned that are worth watchching

initial d (live action not animated)
the italian job (original)
taxi (the french version not the crap american remake)

hell yea, how could i forget the taxi, damn! the american one sucks, but the car is nice, i like the car in both taxis.
the french one is awesome, especially that cop, emanuel, doesn't he look like kinda richard from top gear? haha.

Taxi is is definitely in my top 3 films, I've got 2 & 3 as well but I've not seen 4 yet & I can't find a copy (If anyone see's one please let me know). One my all time favourite scenes is the rally stage at the beginning of Taxi 2 :amuse:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqhjyws5QpI

There's no sub titles on this clip so some of the humour is missing. :(

My other most loved driving films would be...

Initial D, drift racer,
Akira (for the bike scenes),
Cannon ball,
Convoy,
Ronin,
Duel,
The Cannonball Run,
& The Smokey & the Bandit series.

Also, I used to have a copy of Walter Rohrl attacking Pikes Peak but I've lost it many moons ago...the moral is, don't lend films out unless you don't want to see the again!

Thanks for posting the you tube link...the video was awesome..I had not seen the movie....Taxi.i will remember it.....

Your welcome, I'd recommend avoiding the dubbed versions the sub titles are far, far better, ENJOY! :amuse:

Is the french 1 with the subtitles the English version? I watched it once and it wrecked my head cause I bought it from a shop an it was in french with subtitles? I thought they'd robbed me....:embarrest::lol::lol:

Not about a car but one of my fave ones when I was a nipper was that film called "Thunder Run". I soooooooo wanted that 18wheeler when I was little lmao

Could you guys post some pictures of cars you love most from the movies...can search online and post right....

Seeing the movie taxi..i would love to have a car like that...which can be modified in the street by using buttons....the spoilers and all coming out...awesome...

Last edited:
This is a great website...awesome job ...

I can't remember how I found it now, but I go on there if I see something interesting in a film and I'm not sure what it is. It's good too, that most (maybe all?) entries are followed up with a still so you can see which car is which.

Last edited:
Not too many car movies other than those already mentioned, I have these to add:

Bullitt
The Driver
French Connection
Le Mans