Its not like in the movies

admin

Administrator
Staff member
When it comes to cars there are so many things that are just nothing like the movies when it comes to real life.

Here are a few of my pet hates!
1) 10 second drag races that go on for 10 minutes and involve 5 gear changes!
2) Being able to out run an army of police.
3) Taking a blind bend at speed and not hitting anything (unless your the cop)!
4) Never having to fill up - when did you last see an actor spending 10 minutes at a gas station filling up his car?
5) We'll just bolt on a turbo and this will make the car jump in the air!

What are you pet hates of things that are just nothing like they are portrayed in the movies.

I do kind of wish these things happen in real life but who am I kidding, it's never going to happen!:blink1:

When the hero chases a Ferrari with a Fiesta or something and somehow keeps up.

There are some funny classic moments though, like the self-repairing Porsche in Commando.

No matter what the accident, always a ridiculously massive explosion, really, like the car was fuelled by plastic explosives.

I have noticed this in movies too, no matter how crap the good guys car is he always outruns the baddies in their vastly superior car :blink:

A million gear changes annoy me. When you see them at full speed, then change down a gear and then overtake??? Talerdiga nights is an example. And any of the ''Fast'' films.

Oh, and loads of little adjustments to the searing wheel. You might understand in the 60's when they had rack and pinion steering. But not acceptable now

If films were realistic no one would watch them as they are supposed to be escapist.

How would you make a space battle scene work if it had to be realistic?

If people shot straight gun fights would be over very quickly with the good guys dead as they are usually outnumbered.

Realistic car chases are not very good to watch.

Explosions are not very colourful unless you add a lot of petrol.

What annoys me are the scenes, such as San Francisco hilly chase scenes, where the cars land at high speed at high impact you see the chassis fold in two yet they continue on their merry way!

Plus the device used to turn the car over, you see the understand with the chassis stripped out, no exhaust and a massive hole and the piston used to turn it over.

However we all know it happens and they use countless cloned cars in every movie yet we still look past it all.

Nitrous..........still using buttons to kick it in, not the same effect if throttle position related is it.

When the hero chases a Ferrari with a Fiesta or something and somehow keeps up.

There are some funny classic moments though, like the self-repairing Porsche in Commando.

Wat is wrong with an fiesta eating an ferrari's ass:lol:

And we still love to watch them!!!!!ya cant beat a good long car chase film,ronan for example,and many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 gear changes on a Quarter mile drag race that takes 15 minutes! There's something not right there now I think about it! Thanks for spotting that one for me HB!

You gotta love the movies, there's a reason they say a movie is a moment in time you get to escape REALITY.