Most common causes of burning oil

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you see as the main or most common cause for an engine to start burning oil?

Have you ever had a car that burnt oil?

My first one probably did, can't remember now. It had a bad leak and I'm pretty sure some found it's way into the combustion chamber.

I personally don't know what caused it, but I strongly suspect that it was a bodged installation of a high-performance carburetor by a previous owner, as they looked to have fabricated some parts themselves.

What do you see as the main or most common cause for an engine to start burning oil?

Have you ever had a car that burnt oil?

Nope, never had a car that burned oil, one of my Jags leaks oil, as it is said about Jags, "if it ain't leakin' oil it's probably outa oil", the other leaks tranny fluid from the power steering pump like a sieve, (yes, that is TRANSMISSION fluid) that is what the manufacturer says to put in the power steering pump. No oil burning yet.
I heard valves were the problem.......no ???

main thing that goes are the valve stem oil seals or the piston rings main thing that does them in is lack of service fresh oil helps a lot

but then is you have a 20 year old motor with mega miles you dont mind if it smokes a bit

Hmmm let me think, the most common cause of burning oil????Aghh, I know, the most common cause of burning oil is... Diesels lmfao.

I remember when I had my Frontera. At the lights instead of saying "lets burn rubber" i just used to say"lets burn some oil" lmao.

Hmmm let me think, the most common cause of burning oil????Aghh, I know, the most common cause of burning oil is... Diesels lmfao.

I remember when I had my Frontera. At the lights instead of saying "lets burn rubber" i just used to say"lets burn some oil" lmao.
:lol: You're funny man!:eek: