hot hatch for next car!?

Boyaaa1

Car
honda civic 1.6i vt
Hi there, I am new to the forum and just wanted to put a question out there and see what responses and opinions I would get.
Basically I would like to get a hot hatch as my next daily driver and hopefully do some tuning of my own to it.
I was wondering what would be the ideal hatch or selection of hatchback that are; cheap to insure? Relatively cheap to buy (over ten years old is fine)? Powerful/quick (preferably turbocharged)? Handles well? Just overall really ?
I have been looking around at different hot hatches and my favourites so far are; VW Golf 1.8T GTI, audi A3 1.8T, Focus ST170, Fiesta ST150, Honda Civic Type R. If there are any other hot hatches that look as nice as these to look at and have as much grunt, please drop a commnet and give me your opinions, thanks!

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

I think I will leave the suggestion of any potential hot hatch models to others who have actually owned them. They are in a much better position to say what is good and what is bad ;)

Yeah I was looking at the clio 172, I know they are a Deccent hot hatch contender, but in terms of reliability??

Ad HDI says, don't dismiss a diesel especially when it's remapped, you'll save fuel, have more Torque and go just as quickly.

A3 1.8T is a good choice, you might even find a good S3 around. Seat used the same engines in a lot of their cars and these are much cheaper to buy Seat Leon Cupra R for example!

Howdo. Clios are nowhere near as bad as they say. Clutches can have a,short life though. If you have 5k or more then you could look at a 197, more modern and reliable.

I recently bought a R56 Cooper S, great economy and performace. Remaps easily and gains alot of power and torque with a good mods. I wouldn't dismiss it, but if I had the money and could afford one, I'll get an Audi S3.

Porsche Panamera Hatchback 3 0 V6? Does that count?
Vauxhall Insignia VXR hatchback VXR SuperSport
Clio V6?
Audi A3 S3 - 3.2 V6 & Quattro.