Harness's / seat belts

MrB

Road Burner
heres one for the guys in the know.

i have fia approved 6 point harness's but want to keep the car road legal... the wld in roll cage welds up the pillar were the standard seat belt mounts,.....

do i have to have a standard seatbelt for an mot if i have correctly safe mounted harness's. i know some small kit cars run just harness's can this be the same for cars like mine ???

need to know before the cage goes in lol

i have fia approved 6 point harness's but want to keep the car road legal... the wld in roll cage welds up the pillar were the standard seat belt mounts,.....

do i have to have a standard seatbelt for an mot if i have correctly safe mounted harness's. i know some small kit cars run just harness's can this be the same for cars like mine ???

You may be better off speaking to your local mot garage. But If installed properly i'm sure there would be no problems. But like i say speak to your local mot garage they will be able to help you more....

lol im sure my mot man wont have an issue ;) lol its if i get pulled by the rozzers after im worried about lol

I always thought that Harness belts won't pass an MOT and that you have to keep the originals in the car for that. Most defiantly a question I will be asking at my next MOT

see this was my thinking but ive been told im wrong.....

as i say small kit cars have harness's and as wayne states wrc drivers drive between stages wearing harness's ???

got to do some investigating on this one, if there not needed they aint going in lol

Full harness seat belts are perfectly legal, as long as they are securely fitted with no fraying, etc. Both the Elan (when working) and the Robin Hood are fitted with them with no MOT problems.

how did i know u would have the answer

so in fact i can eliminate the standard seat belts completly

cheers bud