Fuel Saving Magnets

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Ive seen these advertised ebay and think they are just a con as i dont see how a magnet can save your fuel, you still need the fuel to power your engine, if they did work wouldnt it stop as much fuel getting to your engine which sounds wrong to do that to your engine.

Has anybody tried one, or do you think its a load of rubbish?

They are a a waste of time and money.

Oil filter magnets are good though - keeps the ultra fine ferrous dust from cirulating round the engine.

I did a presentation at uni on how advertisements use "science" to sell the products.

The components of fuel have no magnetic properties but even if the did, aligning the molecules with a small magnet for better combustion is just daft.

Youre quite right, a pure con!

I'm pretty sure there's an episode of mythbusters where they tried out a whole lot of "fuel saving" devices. From what I can remember: none of them worked, and a few of them actually made the fuel economy worse.

Castrol used a similar approach with Magnatec oils. Somehow implying that its oil had magnetic qualities and would cling to metals. Not sure how this works with all-alloy engines......

im not sure what exactly but there will be organoelemental components incorporated into the oil that will have some affinity for the metal. was actually at a job interview at BP a few months ago and was hoping to go to the castrol division. tried to get them to tell me what was in magnatec but it was trying to draw blood from a stone. i did however, manage to embarrass them into admitting that BP ultimate is a con, only useful for already powerful engines. and the cleaning properties of the petrol only take effect after about 30 tanks worth, which equates to about a years wages!:amuse: says alot when one of the senoir managers at the plant i was at buys Tesco petrol:lol:

First oil change I done on the car I used magnatec and it certainly quietened down some noisy components of the engine.

I started working in industrial water treatment using the magnetic technology right after my 4 year term in the US Navy, in 1977. We were installing magnetic systems on steam boilers, heat exchangers and cooling towers for 3 years. After this I worked for another industrial company as a mechanical inspector. My job was to inspect the above equipment, stationary engines and other types for energy loss and offer them a practical solution. Magnetic products were the most practical because they worked.

No, you can't just put a magnet on a fuel line to save fuel. We installed a 200 pound magnet on a pipe and even after a month nothing happened. When tested no gaussing penetrated the pipe. Electromagnets work well, but are way too expensive. We followed a simple law in physics to focus a single polarity. The strength of the magnet increased by up to 500 times. We generally use 400X strength rare earth ceramic magnets. Yes, they were patented before their release in 1985 for fuel systems. There are 10 patent numbers right on the label. This is why we have the only product that works (and we don't advertise it on eBay or any e-commerce site)

So we were installing these units about 15+ years before the Internet was popular. There are lots of gadgeteers out there hoping to make a buck with fuel magnets. Little magnets wrapped in plastic?? If a 200 pound magnet didn't work, a 4 ounce one won't either.

I retired from the city life after 28 years in this industry. Moved to rural West Virginia and started up Positive Fuel and Water. We performed 429 conversions on passenger vehicles, big trucks, propane, natural gas, heating oil, heat pumps and air conditioners, and hot water systems the first year (90% was commercial fleets and buildings). Over 1,700 conversions in the last three years. We have 9 Dealers in West Virginia, 11 in Virginia, 2 in Ohio and 1 in Alabama. No systems have been offered on the Internet as of yet. We market to commercial fleets, property managers and industrial locations. However some Dealers do home sales or sell from their existing store or garage.

So to wonder if magnets save fuel... it is true, but to a point. You have to do it correctly. We average 10 to 25 percent on passenger vehicles, 16 to 21 percent on big trucks, 20 percent on propane, natural gas and heating oil in homes (14 to 17 percent in commercial buildings), 15 to 23 percent reduction in electricity use for air conditioners, heat pumps and refrigeration. We permamently dissolve scale from pipes, hot water heaters and radiators. Just a half inch of scale is a 60 percent loss of energy. We also do AC systems in vehicles. This peticular installation takes less than 10 minutes and in just 5 to 7 minutes, the air from the vents drops by 8 to 14 degrees. You adjust the thermostat so the compressor turns on less often, thus saving fuel.

We have over thirty years experience in magnetic fuel, air and water systems (5 in refrigeration), so before you tell others it doesn't work, first check us out

We offer the best Dealer plan in the world, where Dealers are earning between 20 to 120 percent without raising the retail price one bit. Extensive training (technical and layman) is included. No start up costs beyond inventory. Minimal tools are needed. No mechanical or engineering experience is required, but being machanically inclined in helpful.

~Jeff