Forums downtime today

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Sorry chaps. I upgraded to MYSQL 5 (faster and more efficient and hopefully it will be more stable!)

However all of the databases got screwed up. Thankfully we have lost 0 posts this time. I needed to spend the day making sure that everything is working fine - if you spot any errors let me know.

I need to apply the mantra "If it isn't totally broke then don't try to fix it!"

lol - i've only just psoted about this in the General Hello section (merge threads perhaps?).

Well done for bringing it back.

Slap... for not having a development/testing environment.

hi mate i get an error when clicking on the torque cars chat forums link it takes me to the main page with this message
Error - sorry the forum is temporarily down!

Waynne was upgrading the server and it all went terribly pear shaped! I'm doing a restore as we speak and hope to get things back up and running ASAP. (It's not going to be a good week!)
Please browse the rest of the site, most of the articles pages are still working.

then when i click on the chat forum link i get the same thing

Shift & refresh should sort that out! The pages are all set to expire at midnight - I forgot about the pragma cache. Its going to catch a few people out! Otherwise delete the browser cache of this page and it will be ok.

A testing environment sounds like a good idea. What would you suggest - a second server or second partition?

Wayne - Virtual Server. Much much cheaper. Wouldn't cope with the load, but you'll only be testing out theories before you let yourself loose on the real machine.