ADVANCED WARNING OF DOWNTIME ON SATURDAY<<<<<

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
As you all know the server has been running slowly - we're just getting too popular! :D

It is unfortunately time to upgrade to a bigger server so we will be down from 09:00 am on Saturday hopefully for 2 hours - but sometimes these things can go wrong and take longer!

Its panic stations for me - spent the last 2 days backing things up. :shock: Hopefully we will be faster and better than ever before then I can upgrade the forum software and take TorqueCars into the 21st Century screaming and kicking.

It went really smoothly - it started about 11:00 and finished at 12:30. All data appears to be intact. There were a few issues which we are ironing out but its mainly back end admin stuff. So everything is working fine.

the only thing ive noticed is that the new post / read post (letter with lines and star on it / blank letter) isnt working all posts are showing are being read

Wierd :? . Its working for me. Perhaps its a server time issue. Try a shift and refresh and see what happens. Anyone else getting this problem too?

If anyone notices that TorqueCars site is down email me via my site www.design-kent.co.uk. It might just need rebooting. Bookmark this site and use the contact form. Im looking at some 24-7 monitoring but haven't found one yet that I like.

PS: The new forum is nearly ready, basic functionality is there I just need to add some plug in modules and move across the data and we can go live.