driving test

It's easy to say be calm, relax, don't worry etc.

The reality is that you are going to worry, and you've probably been worrying for some time leading up to your test.

The other reality is this:

What's the worst that can happen?

You will NOT be fined, tortured, imprisioned, prosecuted, killed etc. or otherwise come to any harm.

The worst thing that can happen is that you fail and have to re-apply and sit the test again.

I am not taking this lightly and I understand the duress under which you find yourself, so;

good luck, mate; ENJOY the drive; the examiner is not the enemy.

Kindest regards,

Paul.

I remember my driving tests. I got so nervous I failed 4 times. In the end I didn’t care what happened and that’s when I passed.
Juts try and stay calm and you’ll do fine.
I’ve also herd talking a 10min drive before the test gets you into the right mood so you’re not as bad when you take the test. Worked for my mate!
Good luck!

All the best. Just be extra cautious and vigilent and USE THE MIRRORS. If the instructor feels safe then this will help your chances of a pass.

Bad luck.
I found it was the little things that got me. Didn’t check mirrors enough, didn’t look at me speedo enough. Small things that added up at the end of the test.
Keep going and you will get it. Its only a matter of time.

What did you fail on - if you don't mind me asking? All the best for next time though and keep practicing.

a car palled in front of a bus and like 30cm of the car was in my lane so i went to go round it and the tester push the brake and sed i didnt have time to turn but i no i did

Irritating things can happen during a test. I passed second time.

First time I was sat at a junction and *apparently* the traffic lights went green, but honest to god I couldn't see for the sun to the point I even checked with the examiner ("You sure?") and under his word proceeded through the junction. Failed me.

Second time... passed with only 1 minor :D

a car palled in front of a bus and like 30cm of the car was in my lane so i went to go round it and the tester push the brake and sed i didnt have time to turn but i no i did

Seems a bit harsh if it would not have inconvenienced anyone else. Still, don't worry about this. Clearly you didn't fail on an extensive list of minors so you'll get through next time, with ease.

They've got so rigorous on the MSM routine now that it seems if you're constantly scanning and observing (as it appears you were, given what you;ve told us) with a view to NOT having to anchor up needlessly then you fail anyway!

Just let 'em have it their way for the next test and then go and develop your skills your own way once you've passed.

A good book to get hold of is 'Roadcraft' ISBN 0 11 340858 7.

It makes the current driving test seem particularly and needlessly fussy in some areas.

Don't lie awake worrying mate, and that's from the master of lying awake and worrying!.

Kind regds,

P.

Well Done!
1sm089gimmefive.gif