Cheap car with potential?

Azeksi

Car
205 XR 1.4
I'm getting sick and tired of my 205 especially since it's an XR (60bhp) so i'm selling it.
The question is, what would be a nice looking car with tuning potential for about 2000€ (the meaner looking the better.) Note that i'm in Finland so that rules out any Nissan sx or zx since the cheapest one is 7000€..
Thanks!

Any of the VAG group cars with the 1.8T engine make good project cars. Golf, A3, Ibiza, Leon, Polo etc...

Do you have to worry much about insurance costs over there?

Basically it's, the more of a model teenagers own, the more the insurance costs are. e.g a -94 civic has a 1000€ insurance just to get it on the road. soooo... i'm looking for a "special" car that not so many people drive.
There are 18 205's for sale on the net, and since there are so few, the insurace is about 500€

What engine size are you after? Did you want to stick with Peugeot?

1.8+ engines would be to my liking, some 1.6 I might give a go. I think i'm done with Peugeot for now. Something different would be nice. I am also fixing the cars I own, so allround knowledge would be another point here.

Basically it's, the more of a model teenagers own, the more the insurance costs are. e.g a -94 civic has a 1000€ insurance just to get it on the road. soooo... i'm looking for a "special" car that not so many people drive.
There are 18 205's for sale on the net, and since there are so few, the insurace is about 500€

Simple....

Toyota Starlet.

Mean looking, can be done up, not many people have them, 1.4 turbo, will be faster than most standard cars.