Best time of the day for a DRIVE!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you a morning person or an evening person?

My favourite time for a drive is about 6:00 in the morning - roads are empty and no-one much about.

I like late night/early morning drives, between 10pm and 2am. Not that i do it all that often, but there's nothing around and it's quite a serene and enjoyable experience. After sitting in traffic jams going to work and back all week, it's the perfect antidote.

I just love driving, doesnt matter what time of day. I love being on my own with one of my dogs strapped to the front seat (saftey first!) and listening to my music and seeing where i end up. Its great for blowing out the cobwebs.

I used to do that - just jump in the car and go - when it gets late you do a B&B and then go and drive some more. It's fun. I particularly like curvey roads with bends and adverse camber - you get to work the car hard without breaking any speed limits.

Best road for a fun drive is the coastal road between Hythe and Rye - the bends are awesome - with open fields either site in most places and some really tight hairpin corners. I also enjoyed snake pass in the Peak Districk but the huge drop to one side made you keep your focus.

Midnight to 3 AM - Roads are clear and you see other cars a mile off cos they have to have their lights on.

Christmas Day is a brilliant day for a drive - around 12:00 - 2:00pm.

I'd say 3Am to 6am as the roads are quiter and it is starting to get light.

lunch time for me i like a lunch time drive just a shame there is to many people on the roads but always let the turbo have a little play just to keep it running

My favourite time for a drive is about 6:00 in the morning - roads are empty and no-one much about.

Empty roads at 6AM? Were the hell are you? Scottish Highlands? :)

Don't even try the M25 at that time, you will squashed by the trucks!

Sunny Kent! The main roads do start getting busier about then but you have a lot of space to play.

Sunday is my main day for pleasure drives so the roads are pretty empty then at 06:00!

I'm sure the sun rises later in Kent than it does in Scotland:confused: