Are drivers going a bit slower

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Having done a few recent motorway drives I've noticed that cars seem to be going slower. Many seem to be sticking to 70-75 and very few going blatting past in excess of 80mph.

Do you think the anti speeding message is getting through or is it just people saving on fuel?

Have you noticed this also and if so why do you think this is?

It might be a time of day thing but I did notice the change and was quite suprised. Perhaps the speeding kills nonsense message is getting through. If so the authorities will have to dream up a new way to raise revenue from motorists like say taxing fuel or taxing use of the roads.

Perhaps the PRS should become a government department and we should all pay them for the "public performance" of playing our car radios within earshot of others!

waynne - yes, was just back in the UK for 2 weeks and very few people now seem to drive at above 80mph on the dual carriageway, just those damn Subaru drivers, :blink1:

I think the amount of speed cameras and averaging speed camera networks will focus drivers minds and keep the speeds down.

There don't seem to be as many fixed cameras going up now but the motorway averaging cameras are becoming more common.