Torque Cars

Annoying drivers

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 13 July 2019.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I simply don't get why when so many people get behind the wheel and think (if they even do so) they have the right to drive at a speed well below the posted limits and hold up everyone who may have important business to attend,doctors appointment,planes to catch etc and hog the "fast" or any lane holding up others, fail to observe that the lights have changed and fail to move off briskly because they are applying make up,doing their hair do,texting,looking at or chatting to passengers,rooting around in a handbag or whatever and seem to take forever to move off smartly and get close to the limit..V(

IMO while it is not compulsory to drive as close to the limit as possible (subject to prevailing weather and road conditions) and one can drive at whatever speed they chose PROVIDED they are not holding up anyone else's forward progress.

I may come across as a grumpy old man BUT I take driving seriously and try to be the best driver that I can be and when behind the wheel try to be aware of what is happening all around me at all times and while I may know all of the rules never assume that anyone else behind the wheel does OR if they do obeys them.

I try to drive defensively at all times and would urge others to do the same.

Last edited: 13 July 2019
    Lunchmoney likes this.
  2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Was it those Sunday drivers by chance? We get them over here. 40mph everywhere, including on motorways and fantastically in the town 30mph limits!

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Obi that sort of thing only happens over here on days ending with a Y :lol:

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
  5. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Quite often I find myself thinking how did this muppet in front of me who has come to a complete stop @ a roundabout when there is no oncoming traffic causing me to brake to avoid rear ending him / her. Brain if they have one must be in neutral .V(

Also being behind a motorist that is either clueless on how to merge onto a highway and continues to drive @ 60kph on the merging lane instead of accelerating up to speed to merge in seamlessly.

Have also had them stop in the merge in lane and that makes things dam dangerous when merging into 100kph traffic from a standstill.

Then there are motorists of all sexes wanting to turn across oncoming traffic who seem to lack any idea of how to get across between oncoming traffic when opportunities arise and leave many very safe opportunities to go and wait till there is at least 200 or so meters gap before they move :rolleyes:

I must say that on our overseas trip to GB I was impressed by how well the British drivers merged onto roundabouts|B

Lunchmoney likes this.
  6. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    As someone who no longer deals with insurance claims from crashes..... Roundabouts cause accidents and arguments. I f#"$ing hate them.

7. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Sounds like you have a less stressful job now:)

Lunchmoney likes this.
  8. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Why o why must females constantly play with their hair when stopped and some continue doing it absentmindedly while driving? .V(